Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 130 of 218 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2171

Re: Show Me your NFL stuff

Great 49ers adds.
    I still collect but since my last jersey add i have little funds to go towards jerseys and other GU'ed.
    I will get more just be a little bit.

Does it seem to anyone else that NFL is by far the most expensive to collect? Not sure if its true b/c its all i collect but it seems that way to me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mad87man View Post
    Does it seem to anyone else that NFL is by far the most expensive to collect? Not sure if its true b/c its all i collect but it seems that way to me.
    Actually the NBA is by far the priciest.

Basketball is up there in price for all the superstar gamers but I think they were quite a few jerseys during the season and even 2 per game! The NFL is only 16 games plus pre and post season and I believe that each player does NOT wear a new shirt every game.

Watching all the 49er games this season, I saw quite few jerseys with repairs and good game use to start some games. It was not just non stars, as I saw a Willis, Aldon Smith, Vernon Davis and Frank Gore jersey with repairs. Aldon Smith had on a white shirt vs the Rams with a huge repair on the chest.

NFL Auctions items usually command a premium as many non collectors, who just want a jersey of their team or favorite player, jack up prices considerably. Look at the 49ers shirts in the Hunt SB auction-they have all gone up quite a bit after yesterdays exciting 49er WIN!!!.

The Tom Brady is almost at 25K and we are still almost a month from the end of the auction!

Basketball shirts may also be artificially inflated in price because of JTNBAfan, who wins whatever he wants at whatever the cost.

Needless to say that this hobby is not cheap but bargains are still out there. Perseverance, patience, research and $$$ can net a collector some really nice GU items at a reasonable price if you now where to look and when to bid.

Take, for example, my Jim Harbaugh Bears GU jersey. It was a steal off eBay for under 300$!!!! The lack of bidders may be explained by the lack of any sort of paperwork and somewhat poor images. Also when questioned about the shirt and asked for additional images, the sellers response was "his camera was broken" and "you will love this jersey". He was right in one regard-I love the jersey as it is as advertised! It may have sold for much more if better images were provided, questions answered a bit better and the photo-match posted. It took me all of an hour or so the come up with a match.

I sent the JH to Dave Miedema and he concurred with my findings that the shirt was indeed an authentic JH Bears 1991 photo-matched gamer!

This hobby can be quite expensive especially when you collect stars like Rice, Montana, Young, Willis etc. Collect within your means and, most importantly HAVE FUN!

Always buying 49ers gamers!
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

NFC Championship here we come!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by solarlottry View Post
    NFC Championship here we come!!!!!!!
    Good luck to you in collecting and to the Niners. My brother's a huge SF fan and has vowed that he is going to the Superbowl if the 49ers win again.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Anyone else see that Arian Foster and Ray Lewis signed their jerseys and gave them to each other? That was pretty cool to see.

I saw a clip where it looked like Ray was taking his jersey off but the cut away, but I thought that may be what was happening. For Arian, a great memento from first play-off game. I know some people think it is bad taste to share time with the opposing team after a loss, especially one of this magnitude, but I like the sportsmanship and the fact that after a hard-fought game, two opposing players can come together like that, especially on the field!
    Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

well his second game but first time in the playoffs so yeah. But they talked about how highly Ray thought of him and said the one game he picked him up after a tackle and said I like the way you play the game young man. A lot of people say Ray Lewis is bad and this and that but he is very good for the game in my opinion helping other young players.

Quote Originally Posted by mad87man View Post
    Anyone else see that Arian Foster and Ray Lewis signed their jerseys and gave them to each other? That was pretty cool to see.

I noticed it and showed my wife and said how cool i thought it was.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by perlman9 View Post
    I saw a clip where it looked like Ray was taking his jersey off but the cut away, but I thought that may be what was happening. For Arian, a great memento from first play-off game. I know some people think it is bad taste to share time with the opposing team after a loss, especially one of this magnitude, but I like the sportsmanship and the fact that after a hard-fought game, two opposing players can come together like that, especially on the field!
    Players do that all the time. Jeter, who is probably the most competitive guy this side of Jordan traded bats with Pujols, who is also highly competitive, once. Once the game is over nothing wrong with being friends and respecting another player. Ray is one of greatest linebackers ever and Foster has an amazing story and looks to be a huge star for next five or six years. It would be different if they made the trade at halftime.