Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reed1216
    • Feb 2007

Re: Show Me your NFL stuff

Roger- I'd like to congratulate you as well. I also agree that you were lucky to have gotten an excellent price for the Steven Jackson jersey. I'd love to see some pics, when they're available. The LT helmet looks awesome! While it may have been a little out of my price range, I wish I had been more proactive with the Jackson. It's also good to see that these items have been purchased by someone who appreciates them and is also willing to display photos of them for the rest of us to enjoy. Thanks!!

Comment

• RKGIBSON
      • Mar 2006

reed1216,

Here are a couple of pictures of the home Jackson from the NFL and also my other away. The Away was used verse the Colts in 05. According to Prova it was used vs the Colts and Giants. It photo matches to the Colts but definately was not used vs the Giants. I'll post the findings on the blue when I know. Nameplate and elastic in the tail is the biggest difference.

It looks as if Steven Jackson wore "S JACKSON" and "JACKSON" nameplates both in 2006. Anyone got any thoughts on that?

One of the best deals I have got in a while was the '03 Faulk, used vs the Browns, from AMI for $1400.00. I'll take all the HOF players I can get for that.

Roger
      Attached Files

Comment

• scottanservitz
        • Nov 2005

Roger,
        I was going for the away Jackson and also looking at the Jackson on the NFL auction. You beat me to the punch on the away. I was also debating the Faulk in the AM auction as well. I think the same way as you, Hall of Famers at those prices are a GREAT deal. I passed on the Faulk as I have one already. I was depressed on the Jackson so I ended up with the Curtis Martin from AM which I think I did well on. So congrats Roger on two great purchases. And I got Martin which was on my 3 or 4 player wish list. So it worked out all the way around.

Scott

Comment

• RKGIBSON
          • Mar 2006

Scott,

I looked at the Martin, it is a fine jersey and very difficult to find. I like it better than a Jets.

I have a home '03 Faulk, used vs the Vikings, also. It is one of my best jerseys as he wore it when he score 3 TD's to passed Jim Brown and Payton. I just thought the price was so good I could not pass. I would have liked to have bought the Warner, Bruce and Holt Ram jerseys also. All had paperwork and all were pretty good prices.

Roger

Comment

• scottanservitz
            • Nov 2005

Roger,
            Thanks! Much appreciated. I agree on the Rams jerseys. The overall prices were pretty high on some of the jerseys. I think the market is starting to justify the rareness of NFL gamers. Believe me, I look daily for them and they are very hard to come by. Especially the better documented and quality ones. For me the hunt is the fun of it. When I do get to purchase something it only gets better.
            Scott

Comment

• Neely8
              • Apr 2006

Roger,
              That certainly is a SWEET road Jackson you got there! Great wear too! I'm glad we could work out a deal for it. Roger is a standup individual to deal with by the way for those who are not aware of that. I must not have been paying too close attention to the home Jackson because I think you got a great deal on that one. I would like to add a home Jackson to my rookie road Jackson with the 10th Anniversary patch at some point. As far as your question regarding his use of S. Jackson and just Jackson nameplates in the same season, I have seen pics. of both so I'm pretty sure he did but I think it may have been in 05 too. John.

Comment

• reed1216
                • Feb 2007

Here's most of my NFL collection....

Click image for larger version

Name:	jake.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	290.6 KB
ID:	643086

Name:	jake1.JPG
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	643087
                1998 Jake Plummer from Jim Yackel

Name:	briggs.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	292.0 KB
ID:	643088

Name:	briggs1.JPG
Size:	297.2 KB
ID:	643089
                2006 Lance Briggs from Game Exclusives

Name:	moose.JPG
Size:	293.1 KB
ID:	643090

Name:	moose1.JPG
Size:	293.6 KB
ID:	643091
                2006 Muhsin Muhammad from Game Exclusives

Name:	willis.JPG
Size:	292.9 KB
ID:	643092

Name:	willis1.JPG
Size:	291.1 KB
ID:	643093
                2006 Willis McGahee from Game Exclusives

I have a 2007 DJ Williams Broncos, from NFL Auctions, on the way and a 1998 Andre Wadsworth Cardinals. I will try to photograph and post them ASAP....

Comment

• RKGIBSON
                  • Mar 2006

Neely8,
                  Attached is a photo that I believe explains the repairs on the shoulder of the Jackson I got from you. What do you think? This is from a 2006 game vs the Seahawks. I see several photos of Jackson in white that has "SJACKSON". All the blue that I can see just have "JACKSON". The white marks on the sleeve are shown in the 05 Colt game in the second attached photo.

Reed1216
                  Nice documented stuff. Cardinal jerseys are really hard to find, nice Plummer. The Mcgahee looks hammered, what game was it used in?

Roger
                  Attached Files

Comment

• sportsbaron
                    • Apr 2006

A few of my favorites are . . .

Gary Ballman Philadelphia Eagles

Billy Joe DuPree Dallas Cowboys

Dorne Dibble Detroit Lions
                    Visit my site Spartantiques!

Comment

• reed1216
                      • Feb 2007

Roger- Thanks! The McGahee shows a lot of wear, including green facemask residue on the shoulder. Ironically, it was used on November 5, 2006, versus the Packers. McGahee only carried the ball four times, before exiting the game with a rib injury.

Comment

• toddhead
                        • Sep 2006

Just picked up this Brent Jones game worn practice jersey from the 1994 season with 49ers COA. It was a game used jersey that was made into a practice jersey. It has about 50 team repairs...

Inside Out...
                        Always on the lookout for Garin Cecchini game used items especially Greenville Drive and Salem Red Sox jerseys.
                        I accept PM's so shoot me a message.

Comment

• jayt1234
                          • Apr 2007

Reed...

You have a great collection of jersey's there. I am very jelous of the two Bears you have. Where did you pick those up from? I am looking now for two specific items, a Bears and and a 2007 Bills throwback. I know Game Exclusives used to deal with the Bears but that seems to be not the case any longer. Awesome collection.

Jay

Comment

• jayt1234
                            • Apr 2007

What is going on with Game Exclusives?

Should have read the descriptions a bit closer. I bought from Joe at Game Exclusives on a number of Cowboy's items (2 helmets and 2 uniforms). Does anyone know who will be sourcing the Cowboys, Bears & Seahawks items in the future? The website is still there but no inventory.

Joe is a great guy who would respond to emails and phone calle in an instant and gave me some great feedback on the hobby as I had just started collecting last January

Any information would be helpful

Jay

Comment

• reed1216
                              • Feb 2007

jay1234- Thanks for the kind words. I purchased the Muhammad jersey from Game Exclusives directly. I totally agree with your opinion of Joe. He was very prompt in answering my questions and was easy to negotiate with. It was used against the Cardinals, in the October 16th game on Monday Night Football. It also has the pants he wore that game and they, as well as the jersey, aren't washed.

The Briggs was purchased from AMI. It also has the pants (worn against the Giants on November 12th). I imagine Game Exclusives consigned it to AMI, as it has their COAs, which are very similar to the ones that came with the Muhammad set. The Briggs is photomatched to a nice Getty image of him tackling Tiki Barber and has pretty strong body odor. Fortunately, I have it in a jersey cabinet that prevents the smell from getting out.

I would check AMIs auctions to see if they offer any more Bears jerseys. I was really disappointed when G.E. stopped offering jerseys, but AMI seems to get a lot of their stuff. I remember they had an alternate Berrian that I hoped to eventually get. Unfortunately, it sold and since then, they haven't gotten anything else in.

If you have deeper pockets than mine, MEARS has a really nice blue Urlacher. It's a great shirt that's signed and inscribed with game worn notations and I also think he noted what game(s) it was worn in. I ended up settling for the Briggs because I couldn't bring myself to raise the cash I'd need to get the Urlacher. With all the items MEARS has consigned to Robert Edwards Auction in April, it might just end up there. Good luck!!!

Webshots, the best in Desktop Wallpaper, Desktop Backgrounds, and Screen Savers since 1995.

Comment

• reed1216
                                • Feb 2007

Here are a few pics of my 1998 Andre Wadsworth Cardinals jersey. I purchased it last year from Jim Yackel, of Jim's Jerseys. Wadsworth was selected third in the 1998 draft, behind Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf. He got his career off to a good start, before his knee gave out, forcing him into an early retirement....

Name:	wadsworth1.JPG
Size:	293.6 KB
ID:	643111

Name:	wadsworth.JPG
Size:	296.0 KB
ID:	643112

Name:	wadsworth3.JPG
Size:	237.9 KB
ID:	643113

Of the NFL shirts I own, this own displays the most wear, by far. There are numerous team repairs and significant sun fading on the sleeve logos. The team used red stitching to make a repair on one of the shoulders, where the pressed on Arizona logo, which shows nicely against the faded red logo color. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he wore this one all year.

Comment

Working...