Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 15 of 218 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Re: Show Me your NFL stuff

Nice jets stuff. I also really like the Charger throwback.

Thanks for the good comments on the Campbell helmet.

Here is my 1984 Earl Campbell jersey. The tagging is different than other Oiler jerseys that I have. The sleeves have spandex sewn in the bottom. The numbers are screened on and the name is sewn.

Roger
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Nice Campbell, Roger!

Those spandex inserts remind me of my 1987 Shaun Gayle. Only a couple of the Bears were having spandex added to their jerseys, even as late as 1990. This is one of the first. It's still got the remnant of a makeshift crotchpiece that was evidently cut off. I'd like to photo match it but good clear shots of Shaun from this period are tough to come by. I've still got some game footage to go through so hopefully I'll spot it somewhere.

The Holy Grail of jerseys for me! Nice one Roger. Love that jersey. Great pick up!

Nice Bears jersey swtns34.

Does anyone know if the the Lions jerseys of the 70s used rubberized numbers with glitter or were they just screened on? Anyone have any late 70s era Lions stuff?

Super nice Groth helmet (I got his autograph after an Oiler practice one day in 1979) and Campbell stuff. He's my all time favorite NFL player.

Commando,
    The Groth helmet is a nice piece.
    Being from Missouri, I was always a Cardinal fan, I know your feeling sorry for me now. Anyway, according to Media guides and game programs, In '87 there was no #34. I do not have the '86. In '84 & '85 they list John Walker, runningback out of Texas. He was drafted in '84 in the 9th round. The ESPN Football Encyclopedia, or Total Football, does not list him so he must have been on the practice squad. I have no book for '83. The '82 media guide list Walter Poole, runningback, rookie from SIU. The '81 media guide list Ben McCall, runningback, rookie from Purdue. Those guys are not listed as players either in the Encyclopedia. Hope this helps.

There has not been a fishnet jersey shown here yet. This is a Robert Brazile from the '82 or '83, I believe. I have not been able to match it yet.
    It is a Sand-Knit size 50, tags in the collar, with sewn numbers and a screened on name. The diameter of the fishnet is surprising.
    Roger

Chicago Bears early 1970's Bob Hale. Mike

Also an early Rives?? M :-)

Nice Bears jerseys. Let me know if you ever want to get rid of any. I am always in the market for Chicago jerseys

Goodness! Amazing jerseys. Love the Brazile jersey Roger.

The Durene Bears jerseys are extremely nice too!

I love this thread.

Nice to see those old Bears jerseys.

For my money, Earl Campbell should still be considered one of the greatest running backs ever, maybe just below Brown, Payton, Sanders, Sayers and Motley.

Anyway, another Packers jersey--1980 Lynn Dickey. This one has the NOB removed, but shows a few nice hit marks, one repair on the back, and appropriate interior pilling. The markered number "8" on the tail tagging refers not to 1978, but rather a size 48, as opposed to the size 46 indicated on the tag. Dickey suffered through some nasty injuries through much of his career (including a leg broken in two places), but eventually blossomed as one of the best quarterbacks by the early eighties. The right sleeve has been cut open and customized, a few years before another largely immobile but deadly accurate deep pocket passer would do the same: Dan Marino.
    Guy