Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 20 of 218 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Re: Show Me your NFL stuff

Posted a few weeks ago, but worth repeating.....

2007 Kevin Boss, Giants game used face mask

Quote Originally Posted by RKGIBSON View Post
    I got the 2006 Tomlinson throwback helmet from the NFL Auctions today. It's nice.

Roger
    I see the Jackson sitting there too. How is that one? Does it have decent use?
    Always on the lookout for Garin Cecchini game used items especially Greenville Drive and Salem Red Sox jerseys.
    I accept PM's so shoot me a message.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RKGIBSON View Post
    I got the 2006 Tomlinson throwback helmet from the NFL Auctions today. It's nice.

Roger
    Now I understand why you got defensive in my thread about NFL Auctions pricing getting far beyond true market value. This was one of the specific Chargers pieces I listed as an example, and obviously you're one of the bidders pushing the envelope over there Rog.

To your credit, when you're dead and gone and your heirs want to liquidate for the cash, that piece has far better chance of returning the investment than say a $5,500 Rivers jersey (unless he goes off and has a HOF career).

I think the helmet went off for what $13-16,000? You'd think the greedy NFL coulda thrown in the chinstrap and at least OFFERED to have LT sign it.

Nice LT helmet Roger - congratulations on a nice pickup.

Thanks for the compliments on the LT helmet.

mvander,
    The helmet cost me $6756.00. Personally, for me to add that to my collection at that price, I am very happy. Beside your picture of LT on all you post, would you consider putting, "Roger's Stuff" since I own the jersey and helmet?

Todd,
    The Jackson is a good piece too. I believe at $1035.00 it was one of the best buys in the NFL Auction. It has one game wear with some paint transfers on the back. Abrasions on the shoulders and that kind of stuff. I'll get pictures soon and post them. The Rebok tag says 04. It has the WeTrak and Prova tags in the collar. I tried to look the history up and could not do it last night. I called today and they are going to get the info and email it to me. I looked at photos and have it narrowed down to a couple of games, we'll see what they say.

Roger

Roger- I'd like to congratulate you as well. I also agree that you were lucky to have gotten an excellent price for the Steven Jackson jersey. I'd love to see some pics, when they're available. The LT helmet looks awesome! While it may have been a little out of my price range, I wish I had been more proactive with the Jackson. It's also good to see that these items have been purchased by someone who appreciates them and is also willing to display photos of them for the rest of us to enjoy. Thanks!!

reed1216,

Here are a couple of pictures of the home Jackson from the NFL and also my other away. The Away was used verse the Colts in 05. According to Prova it was used vs the Colts and Giants. It photo matches to the Colts but definately was not used vs the Giants. I'll post the findings on the blue when I know. Nameplate and elastic in the tail is the biggest difference.

It looks as if Steven Jackson wore "S JACKSON" and "JACKSON" nameplates both in 2006. Anyone got any thoughts on that?

One of the best deals I have got in a while was the '03 Faulk, used vs the Browns, from AMI for $1400.00. I'll take all the HOF players I can get for that.

Roger
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Roger,
    I was going for the away Jackson and also looking at the Jackson on the NFL auction. You beat me to the punch on the away. I was also debating the Faulk in the AM auction as well. I think the same way as you, Hall of Famers at those prices are a GREAT deal. I passed on the Faulk as I have one already. I was depressed on the Jackson so I ended up with the Curtis Martin from AM which I think I did well on. So congrats Roger on two great purchases. And I got Martin which was on my 3 or 4 player wish list. So it worked out all the way around.

Scott

Scott,

I looked at the Martin, it is a fine jersey and very difficult to find. I like it better than a Jets.

I have a home '03 Faulk, used vs the Vikings, also. It is one of my best jerseys as he wore it when he score 3 TD's to passed Jim Brown and Payton. I just thought the price was so good I could not pass. I would have liked to have bought the Warner, Bruce and Holt Ram jerseys also. All had paperwork and all were pretty good prices.

Roger

Roger,
    Thanks! Much appreciated. I agree on the Rams jerseys. The overall prices were pretty high on some of the jerseys. I think the market is starting to justify the rareness of NFL gamers. Believe me, I look daily for them and they are very hard to come by. Especially the better documented and quality ones. For me the hunt is the fun of it. When I do get to purchase something it only gets better.
    Scott