Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 37 of 218 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Re: Show Me your NFL stuff

I was surprised to see that jersey not get any action when it was listed on ebay. Great piece! What did you get it for?

Guy - Thanks for that picture, that is great!!

Looking at it, it had a number change somewhere along the way. It was a 68 and then was converted to an 83. Neither of those numbers jump out as belonging to big Broncs stars from the 60's so I am guessing the change was made to save some pennies - something the team did quite often back then!

Genius - had the same thought, my guess is that everyone was waiting in the wings to jump in the last few minutes. The seller is a great guy and he and I were able to work out a deal that made us both happy!

Thanks,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by RKGIBSON View Post
    Indyred,
    I think there are some jerseys selling worth the money from the NFL Auctions right now, like the ones we won.

I am throwing some pictures of a Esiason that I had from the the '91 season. It was worn in his last home game vs the Patriots, if my memory serves me right.

Also my Jackie Slater from '94 and '89 Kevin Greene. Kevin told me that practicing every week against HOF'er "Jackie Ray" made him a much better player.

Roger
    Hey Roger, Great Slater piece....It was mine back in 1996 .....nice to see it pop backup in your collection....Slater was a tremendous player....even I laughed when he whacked Gastineau in the back of his head for doing his silly sack dance.....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jake51 View Post
    Hi,

I recently picked up a 1965/66 Broncos road jersey. I've included pictures of it next to the 1994 Broncos throwback that was modeled after the 65/66 style. The only place the Broncs missed the boat was on the collar - the 1994 throwback is orange but the original was blue.

Thanks,

Tom
    Tom, was this jersey on eBay? I saw it then bam, it was gone. I was wondering who got it - nice pickup.

I was able to get this 2008 Adrian Peterson from JOS sports. It was worn vs the Texans (11/2/08) and vs Green Bay (11/9/08). The wear is just like I like them.

Also pictured is the Lance Briggs I won in GUU Auction. It was worn 10/14/07 vs the Vikings and Marion Barber worn 10/21/07 vs the Vikings, and has repairs from another game. Both these jerseys are hammered and have unrepaired holes. The Briggs came from JOS originally. The Barber from GUU. All were easy to photo match.

This is the way to buy game used. Directly off the players back, in a bag unwashed. I liked doing business with both companies. Jarrod, at JOS, understands the hobby and has a nice program going and a big inventory to choose from.

Jake51,
    Tom, the old jersey is nice but the Mecklinburg is killer.

Roger
    Attached Images Attached Images         

Great looking jerseys Roger!

I bought a Peterson from JOSports last year and not only is their stuff incredible, the customer service is second to none

Great looking jerseys Roger. Man your house should just be called Canton West. Agreed on JO Sports, they seem like a great company and it's nice to see a place to get some sweet NFL gamers from.

Could you tell me more about JOS or JO Sports? I've never heard of them. Thanks.

Adam

www.josports.com Nice stuff Here is their tag on the Peterson.

Roger

irestorecars@sbcglobal.net
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the kind words, but your collection is the gold standard for football gamers. Incredible stuff to say the least!

Thanks again,

Tom