Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B1SON
    • May 2007

Re: Show Me your NFL stuff

Dr. J----- Any idea which Pats players lid that is??? I'd give my left arm for it if it began to Steve Nelson!!!!!!!!!!
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    sigpic

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Comment

• aeneas01
      • May 2007

drj - thanks very much for posting a photo of the inside of your helmet; it's a real gem and imho a steal at $300 - even 10 years ago! want to hear something rather jaded? whenever i come across rare gems such as your steelers helmet or look at some of the beauties in my own collection i'm always reminded that they will forever be very valuable items, will always fetch very strong dollar amounts. not only because of obvious reasons such as their sheer rarity and authenticity will ensure their value, which is true, but also because there will always be unscrupulous buyers that will immediately recognize them as rare helmets that could very easily be turned into "game used" finds worn by a hall of famer; immediately recognize them as $1,000-$2,000 investments which could reap $5,000+ once altered and authenticated (which i have no doubt they would be). pretty jaded, eh?

beantown -

i've only come across one on ebay in the last 3-5 years - it's pictured below and sold for $100.

robert

Comment

• RKGIBSON
        • Mar 2006

Aeneas,

Thanks for the kind words on the Maynard helmet. Also the time it took to post the picture. I do believe that is the helmet I have. I had to pay a lot for it. With that being said, it is real , that is the bottom line. The fact that it was worn by a great player is just extra.

I had a real good Cardinal helmet that was worn by Irv Goode. It came directly from him. I still have one of his jerseys. During a divorce in '99 I was forced to sell a lot of my collection and the helmet was one of the things to go.

Roger

Comment

• DrJ
          • Nov 2005

B1SON - I assume your asking about the Pats helmet that aeneas posted. I have no way of knowing who it belonged to, but it doesn't look like the mask I remember Nelson wearing. I'm on the lookout for a Pats helmet myself - player doesn't matter.

aeneas - yes, I think the old helmets (and jerseys for that matter) will always command a nice price. I wish I had purchased more vintage helmets when I started collecting years ago instead of the 80's and 90's models I bought. I've really seen some gems over the years. But honestly I was collecting and not investing, so that's why I stuck to the cheaper, more modern helmets at the time. I still think most helmets are a good investment as long as teams don't over-saturate the market (but I can see that happening). As for unscrupulous people, your right about that. I bet my Alvin Maxson would fetch top dollar with a little number/mask play.

Comment

• Jake51
            • Jan 2006

Hi,

Here are a few Broncos jerseys [the pictures in front of each are their photo match] and then some close ups of Rich 'Tombstone' Jackson's jersey. It is trashed [42 repairs], I've added some pics of the inside and some of the odd material that was used in the repairs.

Thanks

Tom
            Attached Files

Comment

• RKGIBSON
              • Mar 2006

Jake51,

The Jackson jersey is rare and a great jersey, not disrespecting the others at all. It may have the most repairs I have ever seen. I like to see how the repairs are made from the back, thanks. Does it have a tag on it you could show? What is the exact year? You have them displayed very nice too. What about the helmets? Real game used?

I collect Auburn players. Attached are a couple of shots of my display. All are game used.

Roger
              Attached Files

Comment

• rose14
                • Dec 2005

RK, Where did you get your metal jersey stands? Those are really cool.

Todd

Comment

• gwh11
                  • Aug 2005

This is a great thread showcasing some tremendous items. I hope we can keep it up. I'll try to add a few for Packers fans. Here's a 1972 Sand-Knit worn by center Ken Bowman. The neck size tag and washing instructions tag are missing. Tons of repairs, plus a customized hole to allow a chain to connect from his arm to the shoulder pads. This was to prevent lifting the arm too high to prevent aggravating a constant separated shoulder. The nameplate has not been restored yet, but I believe it is the original one. I've included photos of Bowman wearing this jersey, plus one from 1971 illustrating the chain hole customization.
                  Guy
                  Attached Files

Comment

• EndzoneSports
                    • Nov 2005

Unsure that I may not have posted this previously elsewhere, my apologies if duplicated. This is ESC's Denver Broncos Ring of Fame jersey display at this past summer's Fan Fair event.

Detailed photos of the front and rear of each jersey can be viewed at our web site at http://endzone.pscoggin.com/Graphics/ROFers/ECHome.htm

It should also be noted that several of the items depicted in this display belong to good friend/partner in crime Tom (aka Jake51).

Best regards,
                    Patrick W. Scoggin
                    Endzone Sports Charities
                    www.EndzoneSportsCharities.org

Comment

• indyred
                      • May 2006

Sweet stuff in here! RKGIBSON you have to post pictures of your Orange Urlacher, hammered Ray Lewis and LT powder blue. Those are some of my favorite NFL game used jerseys I've seen in your collection. Doesn't Eric have some great Charger Powder Blues, even some lineman? Those are always cool to see. I hope we see some of the throwbacks from this season hit the market. Like the Eagles, Steelers and Redskins 75th Ann. throwbacks. Also the Jets Titans. Seems so far this year I've only seen a few 2007 gamers on NFL.com. Mainly just the Broncos (Jake51 has the awesome Bailey and Cutler captain patched ones) they also listed another Cutler, DJ Williams, did someone one this board win the Lynch captians patched? The Bills sold a handful of guys and the Dolphins a couple.

Comment

• commando
                        • Nov 2007

One of my favorite jerseys.... New Orleans Saints home jersey used in 1980 by Henry Childs and in 1981 by rookie Hoby Brenner. Childs was a tight end who like his sleeves customized to be skin-tight, and when Brenner was given the jersey in 1981, spandex was added to widen the sleeves back out. The thread from the original "Childs" nameplate is still found on the jersey.

I enjoy owning this piece, which was worn by both tight ends on the All-Time Saints team!
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic
                        Anthony Nunez
                        Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
                        www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Comment

• Jake51
                          • Jan 2006

Roger,

Thanks. I have to give credit where credit is due, the Tombstone was orginally Patrick's and I picked it up in some of the 'horse trading' that he and I do.

The repairs are pretty amazing on it, the thought is that it was a gamer in 1967 & 1968 and then was recycled by the Broncos as a practice jersey for sometime thereafter - they didn't have much $ so they made do - which undoubtedly added a few repairs. Rich Jackson commented that it was indeed his and he has the nameplate for it in his trophy case. One thing the pictures could not convey is the feel of that backing material they used, it is almost like cloth dipped in varnish to make it hard. Very odd.

To the helmets, yep, all gamers with the exception of the old-school orange one. That was, by all I can uncover, a helmet given to Goose Gonsoulin in 1963 for making the All-AFL team. It has sweat stains inside but wasn't drilled for a mask so I am making an assumption it was used in practice only. The decals are all original as well as the paint on the shell - it has a very faint stenciled 'GOOSE' on the back and the history of it, as I was told by the person who picked it up from Goose, is that Goose had it with him at a post-season party in 1963 and it was there that Goose gave it to him.

The other Broncos helmets are [L to R] Jerry Inman gamer, The Goose, Elway gamer, Rulon Jones gamer. I'll post close up pics of the Inman later tonight - has some odd rust spots on it as well as the old dunguard mask which I think are pretty cool.

By the way, your NFL collection is amazing! Love to see more pics of what you have!

GWH11 - Love that old center jersey!! Linemen jerseys are my favorites!

Thanks,

Tom

Comment

• Jake51
                            • Jan 2006

Sorry Roger, didn't fully answer your question. No tags - they were cut out but you can see where they had been.

Thanks for the comment on the display but it is patchwork at best right now. The carpenter is coming out in January to build some full wood display cases. Can I ask, did you have your display cases built or did you find them stock? They are very cool!

Thanks,

Tom

Comment

• RKGIBSON
                              • Mar 2006

Jake51,

The orange crush jerseys are great. The first game used piece I bought was a '93 Robert Delpino (#39) home Bronco jersey. It was well used, the tail had been shortened, sleeve had been shortened and elastic sewn in, no tags either. I got it from Murf Denny at a Tri-Star show in St. Louis. I had a nice Simon Fletcher away also. Both sold during a divorce along with about 100 other jerseys. That depresses me to talk about. I have a 96 Romo that is the most modified jersey I have.

Patrick has nice Bronco stuff also. I wish I would have bought the Morton when they were available a few years ago. I would like to have a Terrell Davis too.

I have got into trying to duplicate the players equipment, pads, neck rolls, collars, rib protectors, etc. in my display. It is a little expensive but I think it adds a lot and is worth it. It keeps me occupied which is what a hobby is suppose to do.

Rose14,
                              I picked up the metal stand at a antique mall. I was surprised how well they work on the smaller jerseys. I don't really like the way the real big jerseys hang. Picture attached.

GWH11,
                              Great Packer jersey. Nice photo match.

Commando,
                              Good to see a older Saints jersey. Its got several modifications for a older jersey.

Indyred,
                              Thanks, here are some different photos of the Urlacker. This is one game wear vs the 49ers 10/29/06.

Roger
                              Attached Files

Comment

• beavisrules
                                • Sep 2006

not nearly as high end or vintage as most of the other stuff in this thread, but I'll throw one of my jerseys on board the thread:

1999 Bobby Taylor Eagles Jersey

-Mike

Always looking for Notre Dame memorabilia
                                Private messages ARE enabled

Comment

Working...