Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 40 of 218 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Re: Show Me your NFL stuff

Quote Originally Posted by MiLe HigH View Post
    In-Com-Plete is my collection...I'm a "Poor Guy Collector" Lots of odds and ends. I collect Broncos, Rockies, CSU and CU . I've seen some of your inspiring Beauties .
    -i got couple 91-92 GU Derek Russells (as does alot of people)
    -93 GU Jon Melander ( Built from scratch)
    -game issued signed Rod Bernstine
    -game issued signed Michael Dean Perry
    -GU Trevor Pryce Rookie 97 practice jesrey
    -GU Desmond Clark Rookie Practice Jersey 2000
    -Game issued 98 signed Romo jersey
    -6 or 7 more no name or preseason GU jerseys
    LoTs of Signed jerseys Elway, Three Amigos ,Little, Gradishar ect.
    Trying to get a site together GO BRONCOS!
    I have a 96 Game-Used Tyrone Braxton Orange Crush, but am ALWAYS looking for more TB jerseys. Thanks and your collections look great!
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Another shot of my 1976 gamer, along with a shot of the player, #52 Coffield, wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by princip View Post
    Another shot of my 1976 gamer, along with a shot of the player, #52 Coffield, wearing it.

yeah, that's a great looking lid, a classic - it sold on ebay earlier this month for around $400. but when it was listed on ebay i believe it was listed as a tom lynch gamer and included a "61 lynch" dymo tape on the interior...

robert

Yea, that's right Robert. I picked it up off ebay, and discovered that not only was it worn by #61 Tom Lynch(left guard) in 1977(his rookie year), it was the rookie helmet for LB/ST's player #52 Randy Coffield the year before.

Quote Originally Posted by princip View Post
    Yea, that's right Robert. I picked it up off ebay, and discovered that not only was it worn by #61 Tom Lynch(left guard) in 1977(his rookie year), it was the rookie helmet for LB/ST's player #52 Randy Coffield the year before.
    that's great! and i'm glad such a nice seahawks lid ended up in your collection - just feels right!

robert

The decal on that Seahawks helmet seems to be stuck on pretty well. I once saw some Redskins helmets, and decals were bubbled and coming off.

Does it depend on how they were stored or were some team decals from old helmets more durable than others?

Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
    that's great! and i'm glad such a nice seahawks lid ended up in your collection - just feels right!

I dig that comment. Thanks! I'm very happy that this lid is in my collection. It's rare to find such a helmet that is so intact, DG140 mask fitted etc. I have to thank my Vikings friend/collector, who found out about my site through this forum, and who encouraged me to really go after it. This one's important, and I'm glad to finally give it the attention it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    The decal on that Seahawks helmet seems to be stuck on pretty well. I once saw some Redskins helmets, and decals were bubbled and coming off.

Does it depend on how they were stored or were some team decals from old helmets more durable than others?

Just curious.
    I think it could also probably depend on how many times the decal was removed and the conditions it was removed, then, reapplied in. I can't really answer for any other older NFL helmets, however, I can say that the Seahawks decals, from that era were quite thick and had a very strong adhesion. That's why when you see one that's gone through the ringer, there's quite a buildup of glue residue along the edge.

Need to bump this for the new year. I wonder if we will see some teams start selling more of the 2008 season jerseys now. JO Sports has gotten a bunch Raiders in. NFL.com had a nice Broncos orange alternate gamer, I wonder if we will see more of those get auctioned.

Here are some of my recent acquisitions from the Mastro auction, all Heisman winners;
    Billy Sims 1980
    Steve Owens 1974
    Andre Ware 1990
    Chas White 1987

Roger
    Attached Images Attached Images