X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottanservitz
    • Nov 2005

Re: Show Me your NFL stuff

Roger,
    I saw this Sanders on the bay and it is possibly one of the coolest jerseys I have seen in a while. Congrats. The seller had all the facts lined up. Congrats on a great acquisition. Sanders and Payton are my favorites!
    Scott

Comment

• lund6771
      • Dec 2006

Here as a great Montana that is perfectly video matched with a blood stain on the #1
      Attached Files

Comment

• lund6771
        • Dec 2006

here is a Jerry Rice that I got from the Equipment Manager in the early 90's...he gave me and a friend a tour of the practice facility in Santa Clara and then pulled this one off the shelf for me...it was worn in 3 games that season and has 14 repairs on it...i noticed for the first time tonight that at one time this jersey had a crotch piece that was cut off...there are three flag tags off of the Express tag...size, a 4" minus tag, and the date code

sorry about the goofy size pictures that might appear, but it's the first time I've tried to post pics
        Attached Files

Comment

• lund6771
          • Dec 2006

here is my favorite jersey that is photo/video matched to multiple games in 2004...this has to be one of the best Favre jerseys out there...hopefully these pics will come through
          Attached Files

Comment

• lund6771
            • Dec 2006

the last pic in the previous post shows a repair on the front, right next to the #4...also notice the mark under the 4 on the left sleeve

Attached Files

Comment

• Blitzmaster
              • Mar 2006

Here is one of my most unusual jerseys. I have not been able to find a clear photo, but am pretty sure this a 1997 Walter Jones rookie jersey. Jersey is a recycled 1994 jersey with a 1997 tail sewn on. Longest jersey I have ever seen....HUGE!

Comment

• reed1216
                • Feb 2007

Those are some AWESOME jerseys!!! I love the Walter Jones Seahawks, especially. Linemen are really under-rated and have the best wear/alterations, in my opinion.

I would post individual pics, but my collection is on webshots and they don't allow me to use pics I post through them. I have a few NFL jerseys. Among them are 2006 Lance Briggs, Muhsin Muhammad and Willis McGahee jerseys. Those came from game exclusives and are unwahed and show nice wear, particularly the McGahee. I also have 1998 Jake Plummer and Andre Wadsworth Cardinals jerseys, which were purchased from Jim Yackel. The Wadsworth is killed with repairs and has the crotch piece intact. It's not nearly as interesting as the Walter Jones that was posted, but it's still pretty nice. Feel free to check them out through this link...
                Webshots, the best in Desktop Wallpaper, Desktop Backgrounds, and Screen Savers since 1995.

Comment

• gwh11
                  • Aug 2005

Here's another Packers jersey for those interested--Antonio Freeman's 1995 rookie jersey. Freeman wasn't the fastest receiver, but he was shifty, tough, and made some memorable catches, including that amazing bobbling one against the Vikings in that 2000 MNF game. Very nice wear on this one, and I've attached a few pictures of him wearing this exact jersey.

Guy
                  Attached Files

Comment

• RKGIBSON
                    • Mar 2006

There are some really good Packer and Bear jerseys shown here.
                    The Smith Eagle jersey is really good also.

GWH11- Great jersey with a dead nuts photo match.
                    LUND- I would really like to see your jerseys better. Call me for some low light photo tips. Seriously, reshot them outside and repost please.

I have seen length added before but the Jones is unbelievable.

I wish every one would take a few minutes and post all these in the data base. This brings up the question of how much info is too much to post or show. Will it be used in a negative manner by those manufacturing jerseys? My thoughts are, it is one thing to know the info and it is another to be able to duplicate it. A history cannot be manufactured, neither can exact photo matches. The more educated we as collectors are the less we can be deceived.

Roger

Comment

• gridman80
                      • Feb 2006

Mid-60's Snell has at least 40 repairs. Matt told me he wore it over 3 seasons. The Namath has two repairs.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• gridman80
                        • Feb 2006

J-e-t-s
                        Attached Files

Comment

• cohibasmoker
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2005

Gridman, are you kidding me? Wow - what a collection.

Here is a mid-50's Eagles durene jersey. MEARS estimates the jersey is from 1955 or there about. A hammered durene jersey with team repairs and glue on the numbers. No tags remain because the jersey is cut with just the few buttoms remain from where the crotch-piece used to be.

An interesting aspect of this jersey is, if you look closely at the photo of Bednarick knocking out Gifford, there is a number 73 jersey also shown in the same photo. The Eagles re-cycled their jersey but I think the odds that my jersey is the same jersey in the photo are slim to none but all the same, it is a awesome jersey.

Gridman - Wow.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• jdr3
                            • Nov 2005

1970s Jerry Smith full uniform. I bought this from the guy who washed the Redskins uniforms for 23 years along with a Boyd Dowler's final game jersey.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• RKGIBSON
                              • Mar 2006

Gridman,
                              The Snell jersey is as good as it gets. The Namath look great also. Any more pictures of those, tagging ect, would be appreciated. I have been looking for a good Riggins for years. You have a great Jets collection.
                              jdr,
                              A fantastic Redskin uniform. How rare is that to have the pants also.
                              cohibasmoker,
                              I really like that jersey also.

Attached is L. C. Greenwoods Pro Bowl jersey. It was used 1-29-79. I obtained this directly from Greenwood and have his letter stating that he sold it to me. I figured I would never have a opportunity to buy one of his Steeler gamer so this was the next best thing considering it came to me direct. It has good use on it for a Pro Bowl jersey.

I am really impressed at the quality of the older jerseys that members have. Several of these are as significate as any in the hobby.

It might be interesting to give a cutoff date and have the members list for their top 5 or 10 from each decade shown here.

Roger
                              Attached Files

Comment

• cohibasmoker
                                Banned
                                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by RKGIBSON
                                Gridman,
                                The Snell jersey is as good as it gets. The Namath look great also. Any more pictures of those, tagging ect, would be appreciated. I have been looking for a good Riggins for years. You have a great Jets collection.
                                jdr,
                                A fantastic Redskin uniform. How rare is that to have the pants also.
                                cohibasmoker,
                                I really like that jersey also.

Attached is L. C. Greenwoods Pro Bowl jersey. It was used 1-29-79. I obtained this directly from Greenwood and have his letter stating that he sold it to me. I figured I would never have a opportunity to buy one of his Steeler gamer so this was the next best thing considering it came to me direct. It has good use on it for a Pro Bowl jersey.

I am really impressed at the quality of the older jerseys that members have. Several of these are as significate as any in the hobby.

It might be interesting to give a cutoff date and have the members list for their top 5 or 10 from each decade shown here.

Roger
                                Thanx for the Kudos but the Jets and Redskins items have my vote for best in show. Your Pro Bowl jersey isn't too shabby either. It's nice to finally see an authentic one.

Jim

Comment

Working...