Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 74 of 218 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Show Me your NFL stuff

Just picked up a Sidney Rice gamer from (JO)
    It was used vs PIT this year (09)

Let me tell you it STINKS!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Speaking of "stinks", every single New York Titans (Jets) throwbacks that I purchased on NFL Auctions smell AWFUL. Worst body odor you can imagine. Is this from them all sitting in a wet, sweaty bin after the games? I tried putting fabric softener sheets in between them, but this isn't doing any good. Is there any way to get the stench out of these, without washing off the game use on the jersey? Unfortunately, I live in an apartment, and can't let them air out on a clothesline. Any suggestions other than keeping them in a huge ziplock bag??

Try Febreze...it has worked for me in the past...

Hi,

That and time...I have Champ Bailey that I got from NFL auctions 2 years ago and it finally has stopped stinking.

Great stuff everyone! Fun to see football on here hidden amongst all the baseball. Great Fletcher jersey! Nice to see some BRONCS stuff on the board.

Here is my latest pick up - sorry for the poor picture - Brandon Stokely's road throwback jersey from the BRONCS Monday Night win vs. San Diego earlier this year.

Thanks,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by hockeytigers View Post
    Try Febreze...it has worked for me in the past...

Almost bathed them in Febreeze...nuffin. I mean this is STANK...really have a hard time believing guys smell this bad, after playing sports my entire life.

Great Stoke jersey!! He's a favorite of mine! Now does this one have an awful smell as well from NFL Auctions??

Banned

Just picked up a nice Bengals helmet. It's a very rare Rawlings HND-9 model helmet. Many thanks to Robert for his most valuable assistance.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

That Bengals HND-9 is a fantastic piece. Is it painted or impregnated orange? Here is a vintage, TAK 29 impregnated orange Riddell. Not game used but unused,old stock.

Banned

The helmet is impregnated. I hate to publicly kiss ass but as usual, Robert was most helpful. When I initially saw the helmet, I remembered a thread that Robert wrote Months ago about the font style used on authentic Bengals helmet logos. The font style seemed to match up to what Robert had commented on so I emailed the seller with some questions. At the same time, I emailed Robert who was kind enough to get back to me - he told me about the model of helmet, how rare it was and some Bengals did use these helmets. So, when the seller got back to me, I was ready to buy it.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

yosef777 - You're two-bar isn't too shabby at all.

Jim,
    Your are correct in your praise of Robert. His knowledge and generosity in sharing it is commendable. Also, glad you like the TAK 29 but it is no HND-9! How is that for helmet 'geek speak' : )