Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JackHE
    • Nov 2005

Re: Show Me your NFL stuff

This wraps up my Falcon buys this year. Nice match from the Seattle game.
    Attached Files
    www.jackemerson@yahoo.com

Comment

• solarlottry
      • Jan 2009

Just came back from a conference/vacation in SF and visited with a number of fellow 49er collectors. As always it was an expensive trip due to a few purchases but I only visit once per year so what the heck!

I will post images in a bit as I just got home but the haul includes:

Hacksaw Reynolds 1981 home gamer with numerous repairs and Bronco letter which is also signed by Hacksaw.

Russ Francis mid 80s home gamer with large repair. The shirt came with his equipment bag.

Rikki Ellison mid 80s home gamer with numerous repairs

Rickey Jackson 1994 home playoff shirt with team letter, worn vs the Bears. Traded a Brent Jones 1994 regular season gamer for this, which I HATED to do, but for a HOF player like RJ, I thought it was worth it.

Also was able to wear my friends 1984 SB ring around for a while which was fun.

He also had just received his season ticket renewal in the mail for the new stadium and tickets are going fast, even at sky rocketing prices. He has been a 49er faithful since 1953 but with the new stadium being in Santa Clara and with the increase in price, he may not renew. The stadium itself looks fantastic though and, once complete, with be beautiful. I just hope that the long time 49er faithful do not get shut out as the silicon valley crew moves in.

Always buying 49er gamers and all 1994 GU items! Paying a finders fee for useful info that leads to a sale.

Paul
      garciajones@yahoo.com

Comment

• frikativ54
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by solarlottry
        Also was able to wear my friends 1984 SB ring around for a while which was fun.
        Paul - I bet that was really awesome. I remember the first time I saw an Astros 2005 NL Champs ring. I didn't get to wear it, but it was still really cool.
        Les Zukor
        bagwellgameused@gmail.com
        Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
        (617) 682-0408

Comment

• solarlottry
          • Jan 2009

Here are some of the images of the new pickups from my trip to SF!!!

Rickey Jackson 1994 home playoff GU jersey

Russ Francis mid 80s home GU jersey with equipment bag

Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds 1981 home GU jersey

Rikki Ellison home mid 80s gamer

Will post some images of the repairs and other details in my next post. Will also post images of the SB ring from 1984.

Another addition that should arrive this week is a Merton Hanks 1994 home gamer with team letter worn vs the Broncos.

Always buying 49er GU jerseys and ALL 1994 GU items. Paying a hefty finders fee for quality information leading to a purchase.

Paul
          garciajones@yahoo.com

Comment

• solarlottry
            • Jan 2009

Ooops here are the images....

Always looking for the few shirts I need to complete the "vintage" portion of the collection. That list includes:

Fred Dean
            Dwight Clark
            Freddie Solomon
            Wendell Tyler

plus a few more. The rarest and hardest to find will be the Clark and Dean shirts. Scoring the Reynolds this weekend was big as I have never seen another authentic 49er Hacksaw Reynolds for sale.

If anyone wishes to see any more details of any of these jerseys (or any other for that matter) , please email me.

Thanks
            Paul
            garciajones@yahoo.com
            Attached Files

Comment

• Falcon
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by JackHE
              This wraps up my Falcon buys this year. Nice match from the Seattle game.
              Great looking photo matched Julio, congrats! Lmk if u ever come accross a red one!

Comment

• JackHE
                • Nov 2005

Thanks Kyle,

I haven't heard or seen any word on a red one this year. By my count, I know of 3 white ones this year.

Jack

Comment

• project 4
                  • Jan 2011

Thanks Kyle,

I haven't heard or seen any word on a red one this year. By my count, I know of 3 white ones this year.

Jack
                  How do yall figure out how many jerseys they wore in a year?

Comment

• JackHE
                    • Nov 2005

Can't be positive on the number of jerseys of any 1 player that make it to the public, but with the Falcons be so "tight" with what gets out to the public it is a small number to begin with. Then with networking, word of mouth and obviously NFL Auctions you can get a pretty accurate count of a player you follow closely.

Comment

• mad87man
                      • Feb 2011

It is very hard to tell how many some players get a year. I know i wanted to collect a Jets player and NFL auctions had 2 JO had 1 and another site had 2 so he had AT LEAST 5 for the year. I guess some players get more then others also. If they are a bigger name and the team has contracts with stores or sites they wear more. There are a ton of Mangold jerseys out there so he wears prob. about 3 or 4 at least.

What i kind of think some teams who have contracts with teams have special jerseys for certain weeks. They wear these new jerseys and then give them to the store.Then the other weeks they wear the one uniform they stick with most of the year. I really don't know but those are my guesses.

Comment

• Falcon
                        • Jan 2008

Thanks Kyle,

Jack
                        Is yours the one from the Hunt Super Bowl Auction?

Comment

• Marrdar
                          • Jul 2011

Paul - Great 49er jersey pickups! Hacksaw and Russ Francis are great names from the past.

Comment

• JackHE
                            • Nov 2005

Kyle,

Yes, from the Hunt SB Auction - funny thing though - I don't think I was the original winner - didn't get notified for weeks after it ended. When i first saw it in the auction I knew it didn't come from the GB game since they wore red.

I didn't bother with any photo matching attempts just threw a bid in - after I won it, figured it had to have come from the Seattle game and sure enough several photos matched up.

It was a little careless to bid and not do my usual checking but it worked out.

Comment

• project 4
                              • Jan 2011

I'm new at collecting game used stuff and skimmed through some old auctions from the Hunt website and totally missed on an item I would've loved to have for my collection. What's everyone's opinion on Hunt Auction? Is it a pretty good site?

Comment

• JackHE
                                • Nov 2005

The Hunt/Super Bowl auction is usually the best of the year for gameused football. Many top name jerseys are in that auction-this year Brady's jersey went for around $40K.

Hunt has auctions throughout the year but I can't really speak to those.

Comment

Working...