Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 13 of 218 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Wink Re: Show Me your NFL stuff

good grief - and the gems continue to roll in! what do you think the collective dollar value is for all of the items pictured in this thread? a small mint, to be sure!

nice to to see your hnd9 again beantown! man, i wish i would have been a little braver with my cash on that auction! you got a great deal on that one! although, i have to say, it seems to have changed just a wee bit !

and drj, that's a beauty of a collection as well! your steeler helmet looks like a classic hnd9 as well? speaking of classic rawlings helmets, can you tell me what model rawlings your cards helmet is gm80? it would be very much appreciated!

Re: Show Me your NFL stuff

DrJ,

Can you tell me what Bengals helmets you have ?

DrJ,
    Love the helmet collection you have. Especially the Oilers helmets.
    Amazing collection, I never thought of getting into collecting helmets or wouldn't even know the first place to start. But I sure love your collection of Oilers helmets.

Thanks for everyones responses and I'll try to put a list together later with player names to answer everyones questions.

Titan - I like the Oilers helmets too. I limit myself to 2 per style, but with the Oilers being defunct I picked up a couple extras.

P.S. - As a person who recently moved East, I can say that you jersey collectors definately have an advantage when it comes time to pack up and move. I almost changed hobby niches right there and then...

Do any of you helmet guys have any red face mask clips for a 80's Oiler helmet?

irestorecars@sbcglobal.net

Roger

RK - You can buy them from helmethut for $25 for a set of four w/ screws. I just checked, they have Red, Yellow, etc.

Here are my two Bengals helmets - a Corey Dillon and a Rudi Johnson. I just met Rudi and had him sign the helmet.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

1997 Dave Meggett Patriots jersey
    Meggett was my favorite football player growing up. I know he may have been a jerk to women, but I loved watching him play football and will never forget him giving me his jersey at the 97 pro bowl afc practice. Just got this from Grey Flannel's Holiday auction. Jersey has two team repairs on the back and comes with a PSA/DNA authentication sticker, as well as team stamp on inside (all not included in GFA item description).

actually three repairs

You may not remember Jeff Groth unless you're a Saints fan. Groth was a wide receiver for the Dolphins, Oilers and Saints from 1979-85, and caught Ken Stabler's last NFL completion. Here is Mr. Groth's helmet from the 1982-85 era, a Riddell WD1 with the thick fleur de lis logos. Pictured are the original rear numbers, proper for the early to mid 1980s.
    Attached Images Attached Images