Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 216 of 218 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218 LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2171

Re: Show Me your NFL stuff

So what am I missing in that pic? I'm no NFL expert but don't see brown on the sides.
    WTB or Trade for LSU GU Jerseys and other LSU GU items email me at gaytorhater703@gmail.com

Glad it was not just me... I can think of a couple of reasons for the brown side panels...

a) Brett forgot to put deodorant on that day.
    b) This was back when "Copper Fit" was just starting out.
    c) Hopped up on pain meds when he signed it.
    d) My color blindness, which I don't have, is acting up.

I checked getty in 95, 96, and 97 and saw no color matches. If this truly is his jersey and you have a great photo match that would be amazing but I am always saddened by all of the "fake" game used Favre stuff out there. If you do have a match, please share the photo, as it is always good to become more knowledgeable with jersey styles. Thanks for sharing.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by gaytorhater703 View Post
    So what am I missing in that pic? I'm no NFL expert but don't see brown on the sides.

Bob and Gaytor
    Packer gamers from this era consistently have faded side panels. They fade to the brown color that you see on the Favre jersey. When looking for a match on this jersey one has to ignore the side panels and look at the other features and possible matching characteristics.

Here is a Mike Prior gamer from the same era sold through Heritage in the past. I don't think anyone is going to fake a Mike Prior jersey.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here is a Mike Prior gamer from the same era sold through Heritage in the past. I don't think anyone is going to fake a Mike Prior jersey.

Packer jerseys from this era have this feature. My photo matches video matched Reggie has it. I would be very concerned if that favre didn't. That's one of the best Favre jerseys to ever hit the market and 100% legit.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Interesting, it does look like Heritage Auctions sold several Packers jerseys from 96 several years ago and some of them did have this fading. There is a thread here on GUU from a while ago about another Favre jersey from the same year but without any discoloration. I only have one Packers jersey from 99, a Joe Johnson jersey but it is made by a different manufacturer, Nike I think. Anyway, thanks for sharing the jersey and the information.

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    Packer jerseys from this era have this feature. My photo matches video matched Reggie has it. I would be very concerned if that favre didn't. That's one of the best Favre jerseys to ever hit the market and 100% legit.
    Thanks Ryan, I appreciate it. GO PACK!

These are Starter jerseys and the side panels are a stretch fabric that can change color over time. Some jerseys get it worse than others. I collect Gators jerseys and Starter made the theirs for most of the 90's. These side panels are/were blue and some have faded to purplish hue over time.

Anyway, as someone already said, it's best to ignore this color change as an indicator of legitimacy. Congrats on the Favre.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorfett View Post
    These are Starter jerseys and the side panels are a stretch fabric that can change color over time. Some jerseys get it worse than others. I collect Gators jerseys and Starter made the theirs for most of the 90's. These side panels are/were blue and some have faded to purplish hue over time.

Anyway, as someone already said, it's best to ignore this color change as an indicator of legitimacy. Congrats on the Favre.

Thank you, appreciate the knowledge.