Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 202 of 218 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2171

Re: Show Me your NFL stuff

Did anyone here end up with that Alshon Jeffery gamer that was on NFL Auctions a couple weeks ago? Would love to talk to the owner of that jersey.

CBCollector.com
    Collecting
    Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

Quote Originally Posted by paul457 View Post
    I'm the high bidder on the black Fitz, and definitely don't want to mess with it now. NFL Auctions has never returned a single email I've sent them... So this should get interesting.
    It's possible how wore two shirts in this game. There is a loose thread on or around the "C" patch that is evident in some photos (pre-game), but not others (post-game). There is a similar thread on the NFL Auction photos. Check out these links:

http://m2.nflrush.com/gal/sv/i/panth...ald_pg_600.jpg

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/b...10/7730052.jpg

While not 100% conclusive as a photo match, it certainly appears he wore more than one shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by JDubbs73 View Post
    It's possible how wore two shirts in this game.
    *he, not how. Was typing from iPad.

Game photos tell all.......... I can't imagine where those stains came from if you think its a pregame jersey.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Sorry, I wasn't clear below. I was merely trying to state that he could have worn two jerseys in the Carolina game. One in each half.

I didn't see any markings in the photos that I viewed that conclusively matched the stains on the current NFL Auction's jersey. I get what you are saying below. I simply compared the photos of the jersey he walked onto the field with in the first half against the one he walked off of the field with after the second half. From that sample, there appears to be a loose thread on the captain's patch (that may match the NFL Auctions shirt) at the start of the game that is not evident in the photos from the second half. Hence, they appear different to me.

You indicated that the two black (2013) Fitzgerald shirts are in private collections. I have no reason to doubt that.

Below Paul457 mentioned that he was the high bidder on the jersey currently up for auction. I'm simply replying to his post that LF may have worn multiple jerseys in those games, and perhaps lending him some comfort with his bid. Only my opinion, and certainly not fact. Any potential buyer has to conduct their proper diligence.

The pictures included here reference my point below. Nothing conclusive, but certainly possible he wore two shirts. The last pic appears consistent with the one you own.

I'd have to watch footage of the game to get comfortable and try to better document the wear shown on the jersey(s). This would be my point to a potential bidder for the current auction.

I think Jason's onto something regarding the black Fitz jersey. Looking at video highlights, there's an interception in the second qtr where Larry falls on his right shoulder. It would be very interesting for a member with NFL Rewind to look at the back of his jersey near the end of the first half. It might match the one in the auction.

Seems like the mega-stars wearing two jerseys is becoming fairly common. Didn't Favre always wear two? I believe it happens in basketball quite often as well.
    Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Quote Originally Posted by JDubbs73 View Post
    It's possible how wore two shirts in this game. There is a loose thread on or around the "C" patch that is evident in some photos (pre-game), but not others (post-game). There is a similar thread on the NFL Auction photos. Check out these links:

While not 100% conclusive as a photo match, it certainly appears he wore more than one shirt.
    Thanks JDubbs.

I was thinking about that possibility as well, but I couldn't find any pictures to prove that out. I can see the thread you're talking about, and it's definitely a step in the right direction. Also, the placement of the captain's patch seems consistent between your pictures and the NFL Auction pics.

I REALLY wish NFL Auctions (and MLB Auctions for that matter) would provide us with multiple, quality pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by VerifiedAutographsCom View Post
    Game photos tell all.......... I can't imagine where those stains came from if you think its a pregame jersey.
    The stains / dirt in the NFL Auction picture (back of jersey) appear to be very light, IMHO those COULD have been from pre-game stretching.

I'm still not 100% sold on this jersey, and emailed NFL Auctions to cancel my bids. Verified - you're the next high bidder, so I'd suggest you email them as well so you don't get stuck with it!

Take a look....