drj:

that's a beautiful lid! i'm a sucker for rawlings helmets - especially hnd, ridge and headliner (lambert) modles. i must have over 30 vintage rawlings helmets in my collection, many of which i want to some day refurbish to their glory days - i have about a dozen ridge helmets, about 8 or so hnd non-ridge helmets and about 10 or so headliners. i also have various other rawlings models - just love them!

your looks to be a vintage hnd9, similar to the game used mullins lid pictured below and the steeler hnd9 game helmet which was turned into a lamp that is also pictured. the mullins lid sold for $2k and the lamp went for a steal on ebay a few months ago, $380.

i've also included photos of some of my helmets although, unfortunately, i don't have photos readily available of my better ones...

mullins game used:

authentic vintage steelers hnd9 that was made into a lamp and dressed with incorrect clps and facemask:

a few of my own - a game used colts ridge (facemask doesn't belong to the helmet)...

a game used broncos helmet - this is an hnd9 ridge helmet although it's hard to see the ridge because of the facemask...

a pats helmet....