Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 154 of 218 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2171

Re: Show Me your NFL stuff

Sick Paul! Someday I might have to pry one of your Rice's/Montana's from ya..hehe..

Congrats on the awesome pickup!!

nickacs-email me when you get a chance.

Marlon (mardar)-thanks for the reply! One of my favorites is the Watters you sold me! Others include my Lott from the 1987 Bengals game, my Jeff Fuller, Charles Haley, Hacksaw Reynolds and my 1994 Bryant Young away non-throwback rookie worn vs KC and Montana.

It is almost a full time job this hobby but rewarding although highly draining financially!

Always buying 49ers gamers and ALL 1994 49er GU items.
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Just realized I had never posted this here (but did post it in the April pick-ups)...

Eddie George game worn Titans jersey photomatched to his last playoff win (and the Titans last playoff win), 1/3/2004 v. Baltimore. Eddie had 25 carries for 88 yards and got a separated shoulder.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hoping for a Break Out Year this Season??

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelofSF View Post
    2009 Randy Moss game used jersey. The jersey is unwashed and has PSA/DNA sticker from NFL auctions. The jersey was worn in the International game against the Bucs. The jersey has the International series patch as well as the 50th anniversary Patriots/AFL patch. There are Wembley Stadium grass stains, chalk, and red paint or gatorade stains on the jersey. One of my favorite jerseys in my collection!

You have an AWESOME collection, and this is coming from a non-jersey collector! I especially love this Randy Moss, what a great jersey. I am the farthest thing from a Pats fan but this is a beauty.

Moss is somebody I would love to own a GU item from someday. Years ago the Vikings use to sell their own worn jerseys on their site and I regret not getting one of his back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    Hoping for a Break Out Year this Season??
    not with my boy mcgahee in the stable lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shipp_96 View Post
    You have an AWESOME collection, and this is coming from a non-jersey collector! I especially love this Randy Moss, what a great jersey. I am the farthest thing from a Pats fan but this is a beauty.

Moss is somebody I would love to own a GU item from someday. Years ago the Vikings use to sell their own worn jerseys on their site and I regret not getting one of his back then.

Thanks for the kind words Shipp. This Moss is buried in some of the previous pages, but I recently rephotographed it. This jersey is a 2004 Moss with Vikings team letter. The jersey has single game use I believe and has been washed. It is easily photomatched against the Jaguars where he caught a TD in the back of the endzone. Even after washing, the front numeral markings and loose thread on the "4" matchup nicely. This was my first big football purchase and is displayed next to my Carter jersey.

Photo-matches for my 1995 away Jerry Rice gamer worn 12-24-1995 vs Atlanta when he broke the all-time receptions record held by Art Monk as well as the single season receiving yards record with 1848.

It is also the ONLY game in which he threw a TD pass in his career!

Matches include:

the manner in which the nameplate is attached and how it forms an arch along the bottom

small hole on back of right sleeve

placement of Wilson shields on both sleeves.

The 1995 season was the only time that the Wilson shield was worn on players sleeves. The shields were worn seemingly at random, with some players sporting them and others not, in the same game. They were placed in various locations in relationship to the numbers. With this jersey they are placed slightly lower than the top of the #s. I have looked at the other away games in which Rice had the shields and there are two other games (Saints, Colts) in which the shields are similarly aligned. The mesh pattern inside the front 8, from the Colts game, does not match the pattern of the 12-24-95 shirt. I have yet to watch the 49er-Saints game to determine if the same shirt was worn in both games yet.

Loose threads on the lower right corner of the nameplate

Loose thread on C in RICE

The loose thread images I need to resize in order to post but here are the others. Please let me know what everyone thinks!

Always buying 49ers game worn and ALL 1994 49er GU items.

Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Great detective work on the photo-matching.

How do you find the time to do all that? My wife would absolutely kill me

Quote Originally Posted by Mattapan03 View Post
    Great detective work on the photo-matching.

How do you find the time to do all that? My wife would absolutely kill me
    I do much of the photo-matching early morning or after my wife and son are asleep. If I tried to do this amount of DVD watching, picture taking, editing and examining of gamers with them around, my wife would kill me!!!

I get up fairly early (4:30 AM) and usually read and look at potential photo-matches until 6:00 AM when I go to work. When my son takes his nap on the weekend, I start pulling out the gamers and taking pictures etc.

I basically use the small bits of time I have to do what I can when it comes to the collection.

Photo-matching is probably the most time consuming part of the entire process of determining if an item is authentic and if so, when it was worn. It has taken me up to an entire week to match certain jersey with little use and as little as a couple hours for shirts with distinctive hits, field paint or repairs.

At times my wife does get somewhat bent of of shape when I am in front of the computer, watching the same DVD over and over and examining a smelly gamer. I usually reserve those particular matches to when she is on call overnight.

This hobby can be extremely rewarding especially when a match pops up like this Rice shirt!

Always buying 49er GU and ALL 1994 49er GU items!!! Paying a finders fee as always.

Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com