Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

Re: Show Me your NFL stuff

This is my 1992 game worn Barry Sanders home. I bought this in the summer of 1993 from a Detroit Lions/Oakland co. special olympics auction at Northville, MI. Upon taking it home, and knowing nothing of proving authenticity, I went down town and bought a couple Pro Football Mags that had Barry pics that looked suspiciously like my jersey. To my shock, I was able to make a 100% photo match which is demonstrated here. The pic was Barry on the Road vs TB 1992. I then compared it with 20 pics I took vs Minn '92 and it matched them also. The jersey has a strange corkscrewed "20" on the reverse which I will not photograph. (I'll keep an ace in the whole). It shows up game after game on DVD.
    After owning or purchasing every DVD of Lions wearing blue jerseys, 1992, it became obvious that Barry Sanders DID NOT CHANGE HIS JERSEY that year. I simply cannot find any image that does not match the holes and rips in my jersey, several of which occured in the 1st home game of the year vs Minn(which I attended with over 20 of my own personal photos of Barry.) Equip managers later told me a max 2 jerseys were prepared for him that year. I'm positive he only wore one.
    This jersey is a 1992 Wilson. It has no patch. 1992 was the only year between 1991 and 1994(the Wilson years) the Lions wore no patch of any kinds. 1991 had the JRT patch. 1993 had the 60 year patch. 1994 the 75 year patch. In the middle of 1994 the Lions switched to Apex.
    Yet I have seen my very unique jersey sold at auction in excess of 20 times. Sometimes the same one rerouted. I have seen these appear in most major venues authenticated by many of the major authenticators. Its disgusting. The fakes aren't even close in most cases. Easy to spot if you know what you are looking for. One honest member in here had one recently posted on ebay with multiple letters of authenticity from several of the big names and auction houses. Its heart breaking. More pics later but I also own Barry's only game worn 1991 home and that one has been sold multiple times also. I challenge any of these sellers/authenticators to show me the evidence of exactly which game their jersey was worn in. They can't. The real 1994 Barry road I recently sold to RGibson is one of only 3 real Barry's I have ever seen in any public auction. More later.
    To match jersey with pic simply notice configuration of meshholes inside and around the "20".
    Attached Images Attached Images