rkgibson -

i followed the maynard auction and, i have to say, imo you purchased one of the most spectacular game used helmets made available in recent memory - i mean that lid is an absolute beauty. even though i have never been a jets fan, i've always had a soft spot for the jets of that era; namath, maynard, snell, boozer... the list goes on. and i've especially had a soft spot for game used jets helmets from that era, the rk and tk suspension helmets.

here's a nice photo i have of maynard that you can download and print out - it would look nice next to your lid!

speaking of steelers helmets earlier, here's another offering from "menace to helmet collecting society" ebayer flipsyr... a no value, older non-pro model maxpro lid with cheap vinyl padding that he's equipped with off the ebay rack reproduction steelers decals. and he's trying to pass it off as as a vintage game used steelers helmet. while it's true that the steelers were known to wear maxpro helmets at one time, it was the maxpro k21 clearshell pro model with leather padding that they sported.

flipsyr's clumsy "game used" knockoff...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EWA:PIC&ih=007

as far as a great looking cardinals helmet is concerned, this one sold on ebay last year for what i consider to be the low price of $295 inclusive of s&h. it was advertised as a game used ken gray lid and looked pretty legit to me including the painted cardinal logo...