Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why no hockey on this forum?

Is hockey banned as a topic or is there just nobody here interested? Can anyone recommend a good hockey game used forum? Hockey game-worn jerseys, especially vintage ones, really seem to command top dollar, I can't really figure that out considering its barely-major sport status. Anyone have any comments regarding that? Thanks!

Re: Why no hockey on this forum?

I'm not a hockey fan, but I truly dig vintage hockey jerseys. The durenes, the elaborate logos...most are true works of graphic art. There are 2 active hockey forums. Is this a loaded question, or you really not familiar with those? I recommend that you start discussing hockey jerseys and let nature take its course. Hockey collectors are different cats, altogether. I assume this board was created as an alternative to the hockey forum(s).

Check out http://www.gameworn.net. It's a well-done site with a tremendous hockey collector's forum.
    Guy

I have no idea about any other hockey forum. I bought a jersey off of a recent hockey auction and thought the stuff was really cool, but expensive. I think this forum is fun and I enjoy the jersey discussions but there hasn't been one post on a hockey jersey as far as I can tell.

I do have a couple cool old game-issued jerseys, one a Penguins Rawlings durene circa 1973 (I put that up on another thread) and a Seals Gunzo's heavy knit.

Have some 80's Pens gamers too. Have always loved hockey jerseys especially the older ones!

Is it the Canadian collector market that drives the hockey gamer pricing? It just seems out of whack with Baseball and Football. Basketball seems to beat to its own drum as well, GFC's auction drove some huge numbers.

Hi Genius,

Please find www.gameworn.net and www.gamewornjerseys.com and you will find plenty of hockey talk.

Take a look at those two Forums, and you'll find a whole world of avid collecting, energetic conversation, and a wealth of knowledge regularly shared.

Barry

Hi Barry! I'm honored to have you direct a post towards me and I'll definitely give you a call, love what you guys are doing. If there's any way you can get some more production out of the Pens I would be grateful for that as well! Look forward to a quick chat, maybe we can drum up some interest here. Thanks! Jeff

Barry Meisel is terrific to deal with or just to talk to. He's almost as awesome as I am.

In Leland's new auction they have what may be one of Bobby Orr's last Bruin jerseys.

http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?auctionid=711&lot=549

Andrew

Name:  51286a.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  32.8 KB

Banned

Hockey is so boring, almost as bad as golf.

Perhaps that is why there isn't much interest on this site.

I don't think most will argue that its not a boring sport, but their jerseys are quite cool and very collectable. I live in North Dakota, one of 4 states (ND, MN, WI, CO) that actually plays hockey and I can't even stand it!
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes: