Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Russell Jerseys

Russell Jerseys

When did MLB switch to Russell Jerseys? I have seen some purported authentic Russell jerseys that have the 2004 world series patch. Was Russell still making MLB jerseys in 2004?

Re: Russell Jerseys

I can't tell you, for sure, when they switched. However, I have Russell gamers dating back to a 1992 Cubs jersey. I also have them dating as recently as 2004 (Twins that I purchased at fan fest this year).

Banned

I have game worn jerseys from both the Red Sox and Cardinals from the 2004 World Series. The Red Sox was made by Russell and came with a LOA from MEARs. The Cardinals was made by Majestic and I got it from Jeff Sullivan. I am waiting for the LOA from Jeff but I am confident that his jersey is OK. I can send scans if you are interested. Just email me at flaa1a@comcast.net

Jim

In 2005, every team was contractually obligated to wear Majestic jerseys. 2004 was the last year other manufacturers made MLB jerseys for game use. In 2004, Russell jerseys for the Red Sox and Majestic jerseys for the Cardinals would be correct. The Cardinals have worn Majestic jerseys every year since 2003. I hope this helps.

Rob Steinmetz
    www.authenticgamers.com

Russell first began supplying MLB teams with jerseys in 1992.

Prior to 1992, most of the jerseys were supplied by Rawlings. Other suppliers included Wilson, AIS, Goodman & Sons, McAuliffe.

Rudy.