Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Tony Gwynn GU bat

Quote Originally Posted by eGameUsed
    I have gotten a lot of e-mails asking if I am looking for Gwynn bats as I was the one that was outbid at $1500. I was shocked the other bidder went that high,; I guess I should have done $1501. Oh well! E-mil me if you have a 1999-2000 LVS bat with the filled in logo (red/blue).

Thanks,

Chris Boyd
    ccboyd@houston.rr.com
    www.eGameUsed.com
    713-385-1155
    I've never seen one with a filled in MLB logo. How long did LVS do that?
    Brad Ausmus is the Bossmus: www.thebossmus.com
    Tony Eusebio Game Used Collection: www.TonyEusebio.com
    Houston Astros Game Used Collection: www.AstrosGameUsed.com
    chris.josefy@gmail.com

CollectGU,

I used Lou as an example. (Hence the phrase "for example" in my post). I never implied that he's specifically the absolute worst or worse than others per se.

However, while we're on the topic, I'll fully admit that *solely in my personal experience* I feel Lou is worse than others. This is not to say he's the worst. It's also not to say that others, including yourself, haven't seen worse authenticators. I personally haven't seen as many errors come from anyone else as I have from Lou. This speaks only to my own experience not to any sort of objective fact.

The reality is I haven't perused very many Vintage Authentics catalogues so I can't comment on them. Whether Lou is the absolute worst or "worse than *all* others", how on earth could I know that to even insinuate it? I don't know every authenticator on earth. I'm sure that somewhere on this earth there is an authenticator worse than Lou. If you're saying you feel it's MEARS or anyone else, then ok sure, I'll conceed it's possible that Lou isn't the absolute worst on earth. I just don't know enough about Vintage to render an opinion.

Rudy.

Banned

So, who is the best?

Don't bother answering that question, I just find it funny how people who try get so much grief.

Rudy, I'll ask for a 3rd time, when are you and I going to start an authentication service already?

Banned

TRSENT IF YOUR GONNA START AUTHENTICATING Let me do the darryl strawberry division no one knows his autograph better then me / I know his better then my own / and i do question a lot of autographs of his that are deemed authenticated by some of these big companies some of them i look at and im shaking my head. I am so good at his autograph i can tell you if he signed it when he was relaxed or when his hand is getting tired

Quote Originally Posted by cjosefy
    I've never seen one with a filled in MLB logo. How long did LVS do that?
    if i am not mistaken tony filled in the 99 mlb logos on his bats with a sharpie..pretty cool looking and i did it to some of my wood bat league bats