Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

conspicuous authentication stickers

anyone else see an aesthetic problem when a authentication sticker is in a very visible place.

anyone know if the owner has any say in where the sticker is stuck when authenticated.

anyone know if you will damage the sticker if you try to move it to another less conspicuous place of if this is considered tampering of the sticker by another person.

heres one example of a conspicuous sticker. i like when they put sticker inside a batting helmet.

any problems with stick on bats?

Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Re: conspicuous authentication stickers

Ive always used PSA for my baseballs. On the form I draw exactly where I want them to put the sticker. Never a problem untill last week when they
    ignored my request and put the sticker right over the all star logo . I couldnt believe it. Then they said if the tried to remove it and it was damaged they wouldnt be responsible . Well it came off fine and they put a different sticket on it , where I requested. Other than that , Ive never had a problem with them .

This has always been a pet peeve..... my personal preference is that the sticker / hologram / or whatever be placed somewhere that !) is not visible during the normal display of an item and 2) does not affect any tagging, manufacturer's characteristics, player characteristics, etc.

I have had good results by both indicating (in red Sharpie) on the submission form exactly where I want the ID placed, and have, on occasion, followed that up with a phone call... On some items, bats, hockey sticks, etc, it can be useful to use artists tape and create the perimeter exactly where you want it placed --- sports tape would also work, but there is no chance of residue with artists tape.

Good Luck

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

When he was at at PSA/DNA, Jimmy Spence told me they put the sticker on the autographed ball. However, if asked they will put it on the LOA instead. I agree that the sticker is often placed too conspicuously, such on the front instead of the back of a signed antique photo.

For player and autograph company autographed items, it's common practice to put the hologram next to player's signature. This is to associate it with the particular signature authenticated and not any 5 added later. This will make holograms stand out visually. I saw a 500 home run signed ball with like 6 holograms (and accompanying COAs!), each next to the player's signature.

This is why you often see the PSA/DNA, GAI or JSA autograph sticker placed right next to the signature on a game used bat. They want the potential collector to know that the sticker is just for that signature.

assuming collectors want their items to appear as close to they did when they left the athlete/team's hands, i'm curious why you guys don't just remove the stickers entirely?

stickers from team/athlete sources have great value as they establish provenance. what is exactly is the real value behind an authentication sticker? do you keep them on simply for future resale value?

i've received items with authentication stickers and removed them completely. not only do i feel they detract from the appearance of the item, but i don't see much value in them. having a sticker that says "jimmy spence liked this!" or "dave bushing thought this was good!" is pretty pointless for me because i don't really care what their opinion was on the item. to have a beautiful, pounded bat displayed with hologram right on the barrel, for example, really detracts from the apperance for me and it makes little sense to me to keep it on if the only purpose is to make the relatively meaningless statement that some authenticator looked at it.

rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    i've received items with authentication stickers and removed them completely. not only do i feel they detract from the appearance of the item, but i don't see much value in them. having a sticker that says "jimmy spence liked this!"
    wow. perfect solution if you dont mind paying that little extra since it is authenticated. thanks
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I agree with Rudy (or is it rudy with no caps?). I remove those garbage stickers or labels and put them in the recycling can with the certificates.

Tom Duino

I also have to go with Rudy on this one, particularly in regards to PSA/DNA stickers on game-used items. If not mistaken, aside from bats, the PSA/DNA certification ONLY relates to the autograph on an item, and NOT as a certification as to its authenticity as being game-used/worn.

I'd say if the value of the auto is greater than the value of the item autographed, then the authentication sticker stays. Otherwise, adiós!

Regards,
    Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities
    www.EndzoneSportsCharities.org

PSA/DNA stickers are designed to be ruined if someone tries to remove them. They are cut so the sticker comes apart into small pieces. If someone were to remove a PSA/DNA sticker, they couldn't apply it on another item.