Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Rawlings World Sries Bats

Do all Rawlings World Series bats have World Series stamped on the barrel or do some just have "WS" stamped on the knob w/ the team name on the barrel? Basically, if a bat has WS stamped in place of the batch number on the knob, is this a World Series bat?

thanks,
    Nick

Re: Rawlings World Sries Bats

During the 80's Rawlings stamped WS bats "YYYY World Series" on the barrel under the player's name. On the 86 WS bats I have the knobs are stamped with the players initials and "1986" in addition to the model number. Rawlings also made post season NLCS bats in 1986 and these were orange ring bats with the same exact barrel labeling as the regular season and the players initials stamped on the knob in addition to the model numbers

Between 1990-1993 "Big Stick" was replaced by "YYYY World Series" above the players name. I"m not sure what is additionally stamped on the knobs however would guess players initials.

I think 1995 was the year Rawlings only stamped the knobs of post season bats with special stamps. I've seen post 1994 WS bats stamped "WS YY"
    or WS "YYYY". I do not have any WS bats but do have two NLCS bats stamped "NLCS 2000" and one stamped only "NLCS".

David

I have a Thome gamer that is stamped on the knob,
    AL/WS

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    During the 80's Rawlings stamped WS bats "YYYY World Series" on the barrel under the player's name. On the 86 WS bats I have the knobs are stamped with the players initials and "1986" in addition to the model number. Rawlings also made post season NLCS bats in 1986 and these were orange ring bats with the same exact barrel labeling as the regular season and the players initials stamped on the knob in addition to the model numbers

Between 1990-1993 "Big Stick" was replaced by "YYYY World Series" above the players name. I"m not sure what is additionally stamped on the knobs however would guess players initials.

I think 1995 was the year Rawlings STARTED only stamped the knobs of post season bats with special stamps. I've seen post 1994 WS bats stamped "WS YY" or WS "YYYY". I do not have any WS bats but do have two NLCS bats stamped "NLCS 2000" and one stamped only "NLCS".

David

modified my statement above.

Banned

Thanks for the info guys, so would you say a post '95 bat w/ WS YY stamped on the knob and no World Series stamped on the barrel is a world series bat?

Nick

are we referring to the Ryan Klesko Braves team signed bat on ebay?
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    Thanks for the info guys, so would you say a post '95 bat w/ WS YY stamped on the knob and no World Series stamped on the barrel is a world series bat?

Nick

Most likely.

Also keep in mind Rawlings may have made bats with WS labeling or stampings that were typically not the same lengths as a players regular model game bats. In most cases they were longer lengths. Those were made as trophy bats for souvenirs verse for game use

This bit of information i received from Vince Malta many years ago.

There is currently a Roberto Alomar 1993 WS bat on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Roberto-Alomar-1...QQcmdZViewItem

David

Re: Rawlings World Sries Bats from 88 and 89

Have Rawlings World Series bats from the 1988 and 1989 years--

1988-- Jose Canseco & Walt Weiss-- on barrel is stamped Big Stick, player's name and 1988 World Series. On knob is stamped MG 9 (Weiss) and 493 A (Canseco)

1989- Will Clark - barrel stamping is same other than year and player name. Knob is stamped "N 460B WC"
    Steve Smith
    Sacramento CA
    916-216-4435
    steve@sfbats.net