Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Kobe Bryant / Nike Kobe Zoom 2 Lite Shoes

Hello Kobe Fans,

I just wanted to share my thoughts and information regarding Kobe Bryant’s current shoe situation. We all know Kobe has his own line of shoes with Nike but what some of you may not know is that Kobe should be wearing his new Kobe Zoom 2 Lite shoes during the first half of this current 07-08 season but he is not. He wore the Zoom 2 Lite home version during the pre-season and because all of the pre-season games were home games he only got to wear the road version in practice. Instead of continuing to wear the Zoom Kobe 2 Lite on opening day he opted to wear a completely different kind of shoe that is not even from his line. Kobe went back to a shoe he wore three years ago before he had his own shoe, Nike’s 2K4 Laser Huarache and this is the shoe he is still continuing to wear. I have never heard of a star athlete of Kobe’s caliber virtually dissing his own line to wear a shoe that’s not even his own. The obvious question comes to mind why would he do this? The only reason I can assume is that in comparison the Zoom Kobe 2 Lite is a much heavier shoe then the Huarache 2K4.

Now for all you KB Shoe fans out there what this means is since Kobe stopped wearing the Zoom Kobe 2 Lite he instantly made his game model Zoom Kobe 2 Lite’s one of the rarest shoes in his line especially the all black road version. Now the store models are different then the game models, allow me to point out 2 major differences. Of course the game models have custom sample tagging and the most notable difference is Kobe’s 24 logo is lasered in gold on the side near the heel. My advice is if you see a pair of homes and especially roads jump all over it. I have managed to obtain 3 pairs of the Zoom Kobe 2 Lite for myself (1. Home dual signed pre-season worn, 2. Home Team Issued un-worn and 3. Road all black team issued). Below are pictures of Kobe wearing the Zoom Kobe 2 Lite’s during pre-season and Kobe wearing the all black roads during practice. The other pictures are of the game models home and road and a pic of the store models.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Re: Kobe Bryant / Nike Kobe Zoom 2 Lite Shoes

DConLA

from info Ive gathered from some guys who are close to Nike, the one main reason for the change is the promotion of the new 2K4 Lasers. Nike recently re-released the Laser so they switched Kobe to them to try to boost sales. turns out, an athlete of Kobe's caliber doesn't control what shoes he wears, even when he has his own signature line. Nike hand delivers them to the athlete, essentially forcing them to wear whatever the marketing dept chooses. hope that helps a little

-Mike
    **ALWAYS looking for game used/issued Nike/Air Jordan sneakers**

Cool Re: Kobe Bryant / Nike Kobe Zoom 2 Lite Shoes

Quote Originally Posted by cammy collector View Post
    DConLA

from info Ive gathered from some guys who are close to Nike, the one main reason for the change is the promotion of the new 2K4 Lasers. Nike recently re-released the Laser so they switched Kobe to them to try to boost sales. turns out, an athlete of Kobe's caliber doesn't control what shoes he wears, even when he has his own signature line. Nike hand delivers them to the athlete, essentially forcing them to wear whatever the marketing dept chooses. hope that helps a little

-Mike
    I'LL JUST HAVE ONE OF THE GUYS ON THE TEAM ASK KOBE WHATS UP WITH HIS SHOES. SHOULD HAVE HIS ANSWER BY SUNDAY MONDAY AT THE LATEST.I STILL HAVE A PROBLEM WITH NIKE STOPPING KOBE FROM PROMOTING HIS OWN LINE OF SHOES KOBE 2 LITES IN FAVOR OF A SHOE THAT'S NOT HIS LINE 2K4 WE WILL SEE.

DAN 323 257-4898 daniel248@earthlink.net

I have a question for you. I just got into the game used shoe collecting, but one thing I have noticed is there are a ton of "game used" shoes from KObe and Lebron. Obviously they can't all be real, or those two give away every pair they play in. How can I tell if their shoes are Player Exclusives or a regular shoe from their lines? I've been told places like House of Hoops sell player exclusives, so couldnt someone just go into that store and slap those shoes on Ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/LeBron-James-Gam...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kobe-Bryant-Lake...QQcmdZViewItem

There were another pair of Kobe's that went off yesterday, but these are just examples. I would think mroe scrub shoes would be on Ebay, but it always seems like there are more Melo's, AI, Kobe's, and Lebron's than anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by dwolfe12345 View Post
    I have a question for you. I just got into the game used shoe collecting, but one thing I have noticed is there are a ton of "game used" shoes from KObe and Lebron. Obviously they can't all be real, or those two give away every pair they play in. How can I tell if their shoes are Player Exclusives or a regular shoe from their lines? I've been told places like House of Hoops sell player exclusives, so couldnt someone just go into that store and slap those shoes on Ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/LeBron-James-Gam...QQcmdZViewItem

There were another pair of Kobe's that went off yesterday, but these are just examples. I would think mroe scrub shoes would be on Ebay, but it always seems like there are more Melo's, AI, Kobe's, and Lebron's than anyone.
    I know the third pair is being sold by Dan.
    The second pair coming from California Sports Investments looks good. Dan can you tell us if you do business with California Sports Investments? I see they have had game used Kobe Jerseys and shoes and other Laker memorabilia.

I'm not questioning those pairs, I am just saying that those players turn up alot. It's just hard to tell if all of those pairs are game used or player exclusives

Quote Originally Posted by dwolfe12345 View Post
    I'm not questioning those pairs, I am just saying that those players turn up alot. It's just hard to tell if all of those pairs are game used or player exclusives
    I GET ABOUT 20 TO 25 PAIR A SEASON OF HOME AND ROADS OF KOBE SHOES MOST ARE GAME WOREN PE SHOES AND SOME ARE TEAM ISSUED PE'S ABOUT 6 OR 7 PAIR OF KOBE'S ISSUED PE'S. KOBE GETS ABOUT A 100 PAIRS A SEASON AND HE USES A NEW PAIR EVERY GAME.

DAN 323257-4898 daniel248@earthlink.net

THE SHOES ON POSTS 4/5 ARE ALL GOOD. DO I DO BUSINESS WITH CSI WE DON'T WORK TOGETHER.BUT ALWAYS BUY FROM SOMEONE YOU TRUST AND WHO KNOWS WHAT HE IS SELLING.

HELLO KOBE FANS
    MY INFO SAIDS THAT KOBE WILL BE USING HIS NEW SHOE BY XMAS. THE KOBE THREE

just got more KOBE SHOES 2K4S AUTO'D AND KOBE 3 LITES TEAM ISSUED. AS I SAID I GET ABOUT 25 TO 30 PAIR OF KOBE SHOES A SEASON.