Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Any winners in Grey Flannel?

Anyone pick up any items during Grey Flannel's auction that ended yesterday. I picked up one Astros jersey style I had been looking for.

Thanks,

Re: Any winners in Grey Flannel?

Why didnt this end on time?

I know the 10 minute rule was in effect, but I placed a bid at 8:24. No one placed a bid after me. Bidding was supposed to end at 9:10 then.

It was still going on past 10:00 with no new bids and I ended up losing what I wanted

Wasn't very happy about that

Quote Originally Posted by TFig27 View Post
    Why didnt this end on time?

I know the 10 minute rule was in effect, but I placed a bid at 8:24. No one placed a bid after me. Bidding was supposed to end at 9:10 then.

It was still going on past 10:00 with no new bids and I ended up losing what I wanted

Wasn't very happy about that
    It's not 10 minutes no new bids per item, it's 10 minutes with no new bids for the entire auction. If other items are receiving bids then yours will stay open as well.

Regards,
    Dave

Banned

One thing I don't like is how they don't show how many bids are on the lot or even the bidder number. It would be nice to see the bid history.

Sorry to hear you lost the item!

Wow, ok I didn't realize that. The way I understood it was by item.

I too would of liked to see number of people bidding and there bids instead of just jumping up to my max bid.

Banned

I thought that if you were the only bidder at 9 pm EST, you were automatically the winner since you had to bid on THAT lot by 9 pm in order to be a part of th1 10 minute rule for the entire auction.

Banned

I was going to bid and they I didnt feel comfortable with how I saw some of the bidding was going. Either it was a fool moon out or something was defintiely fishy. Your probably asking yourself what do i mean.

Heres some example, I felt the lots should have went no where near where they did.
    1) Lot # 281 - 1998-99 New York Yankees Complete Lineup of Game-Used Bats (9) (PSA/DNA) - with auction premium, taxes and shipping this lot was nearly $5000 - for what?????

2) 1998 Joe Torre NY Yankees Managers Worn & Autographed World Series Home Jersey (Steiner-Torre Signed LOA) same here when everything is said and doen this comes close to $13,000 - for what?????

3) Lot # 114 - 2004 Miguel Cairo NY Yankees Game-Used Home Jersey (Yankees-Steiner LOA) - after everything its about $800 why?????

Here some lots that compltely undersold.

Lot # 109 - 1997 Jorge Posada Rookie NY Yankees Game-Used Home Jersey (Yankees-Steiner LOA) sold for about $1,700 defintiely worth it

Lot # 168 - Lot of Tampa Bay Devil Rays Game-Used Jerseys (3) - $600 worth it for 3 Jerseys including Kazmir

Lot # 274 - Lot of LA Dodgers Game-Used Bats with Some Autographed (11) (JSA) (PSA/DNA) - $650 worth it for 11 bats

Bid on Rodman jersey - LOST
    Bid on Mavs Josh Howard and Devin Harris -LOST
    Bid on Dr J shoes, LOST

0-3

I was hoping to bid on those Dr. J. shoes.

During the last auction, I emailed them a question and they blew me off with the "you're on our bad bidder list." That would imply that I've not paid for an item in the past, which is completely false. I just figured it was their way of saying get lost...you're not a regular customer.

Anyway, I sent a couple of emails prior to the auction (and one during). Also left a phone message for T.J. Favilla. All went unanswered. I tried.

Is the GFC Seller's Premium 20%, just like the Buyer's? Or is it less?

I did win a few bats, but was upset that their website went down right before the auction closed to initial bids at 9, and I was unable to bid on some of the lots I wanted. I called them and they basically said "sorry, there's nothing we can do." So if anyone here won that Carl Crawford jersey for $182+BP, let me know so we can make a deal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Always looking for vintage game used bats of Houston Buffs and Colt .45's players.