Lot 31: Dean Palmer c.1989 Game Used Rookie Jersey
"Description:
Road gray Rawlings size 44 Texas Rangers jersey worn by slugging third baseman Dean Palmer circa 1989 around the time of his rookie season. Although there is no year ID present, the jersey does match the style worn by Texas in 1989. The jersey is tagged on outer tail with manufacturer's wash tag carrying size ID. Underneath is a "16 1" jersey number and set number strip tag. The manufacturer's logo on the right sleeve has been stitched over with a piece of fabric possibly for promotional reasons."

"Although there is no year ID present, the jersey does match the style worn by Texas in 1989" ?! Yes and it also matches the style worn by Texas in 1991 and 1992, during which Palmer played for the Rangers as well. I guess 1989 just sounded better given that it was Palmer's rookie year? In fact, the Rawlings tag on the auction jersey is circa 1990 & 1991.
Additionally, it's my opinion that that specific style of Rangers strip tagging (uniform number and set) is typically from 1991 but unlikely to be from 1989.

I'd love to know what about this jersey points to 1989 specifically given that the style was also worn in 1991 and 1992. MEARS?

Rudy.