Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Canadian Football League

Does anyone have any contacts in the Canadian Football League? I am trying to get a Yo Murphy game used jersey from the Roughriders (or any team he has ever played for). I wrote the team asking about acquiring one directly from them, but I was told that my best bet is to buy a custom jersey cfl.com team store.

If you can help me out I would be willing to compensate you for yout time and effort.

Thanks
    Todd

headingtontd.ctr@mcnosc.usmc.mil

Re: Canadian Football League

the only thing that i know about the cfl is that there are some ardent cfl collectors out there
    that aren't shy about paying big $$$$ for game used items - especially vintage items. it never ceases to amaze me what vintage cfl helmets go for. i would up with two hamilton tigers gu tak29 suspension helmets from a bulk purchase a couple of years ago that i'm looking forward to listing next year. heck, i thought they were high school lids that would make good project helmets when i got them given that i know almost nothing about the cfl - glad i didn't mess with them!

Do you think there would be any interest on this 1966 or 67 Tiger Cats jersey? Southland Athletic heavy durene, "Hamburglar" sleeves, repairs, couple of tears, blood stain, #1 overall CFL draft pick (Ed Turek). Any estimate of what it might bring and does anyone have a recommendation of an auction house for vintage CFL memorabilia?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by genius View Post
    Do you think there would be any interest on this 1966 or 67 Tiger Cats jersey? Southland Athletic heavy durene, "Hamburglar" sleeves, repairs, couple of tears, blood stain, #1 overall CFL draft pick (Ed Turek). Any estimate of what it might bring and does anyone have a recommendation of an auction house for vintage CFL memorabilia?
    i'm not a game used jersey guy (although i'm tempted to correct this oversight after marveling at the many outstanding jerseys posted by members at the "show me your nfl stuff" thread!) but i would have to believe your fantastic looking vintage jersey would draw much more than just a little attention if you listed it. do you have a price in mind? if so, perhaps you could test the waters on ebay using the "best offer" feature. when i mentioned that i've seen cfl items go for solid prices i was referring to cfl items i've seen listed on ebay....

here are a couple of examples - i've also noticed other cfl auctions end early, shortly after the item was listed. and, fwiw, i have no idea if these items are authentic or not given that i know almost nothing about cfl equipment - but judging from the prices it appears that someone felt the were authentic!

gu saskatchewan roughrider - $600

Thanks for that aeneas01, the feedback is much appreciated! Still debating whether to list it...love the black and gold and the old heavy durene is incredible. These jerseys would turn 4.5 speed into 5.0!

Quote Originally Posted by genius View Post
    That Tiger Cats jersey is a beauty! Unique jerseys of top quality and style are the reason I collect jerseys. Be patient and wait for the right CFL collector...or just keep it...very nice shirt...

BTPH--thanks for the advice!

There's a few CFL jerseys I've been looking for, but can't seem to find alot of info out there on them..

Anyone here collect or know of people who are into Argos, TigerCats, Renegades jerseys & helmets?

SC

I just picked up a Steve Taylor Tiger Cats jersey. If interested send me an email.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Quote Originally Posted by Sincityson View Post
    There's a few CFL jerseys I've been looking for, but can't seem to find alot of info out there on them..

Anyone here collect or know of people who are into Argos, TigerCats, Renegades jerseys & helmets?

SC
    I have a Doug Flutie Argos Jersey.
    E-mail me if you have interest.
    Jack
    info@proamsports.ca