Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Are the Bradshaw and Staubach jerseys in Vintage..

the ones that the banned member Apujols04 was talking about? He had said that they were going to be in a major auction house, and Vintage is offering both, plus a Unitas game issued which I recall he said he had as well. Is this where they landed?

Re: Are the Bradshaw and Staubach jerseys in Vintage..

I had the pleasure of seeing all 5 of the jerseys which APujols04 mentioned on this forum. Those are for sure his jerseys. I would love to know what Mike Heffner of Lelands thinks about M.E.A.R.S. and Lampson authenticating the Staubach and Bradshaw as game used. Lelands missed out these. Especially after he posted how he would "never" buy or take the items on consignment. To top the cake the seller also has the first signed Billy Martin jersey I have ever seen (the auto was passed by PSA/DNA). It is amazing. His Unitas jersey also got graded as being "game issued." Looks like Apujols04 ran into four amazing jerseys. Maybe he really could buy a Bentley now. What a run of luck especially considering how much APujols was trashed on this forum. Good for him.

I am intersted to hear other forum members thoughts on the jerseys. Maybe Apujols has been vindicated to a certain extent.......

Quote Originally Posted by therealdealsports2006
    I had the pleasure of seeing all 5 of the jerseys which APujols04 mentioned on this forum. Those are for sure his jerseys. I would love to know what Mike Heffner of Lelands thinks about M.E.A.R.S. and Lampson authenticating the Staubach and Bradshaw as game used. Lelands missed out these. Especially after he posted how he would "never" buy or take the items on consignment. To top the cake the seller also has the first signed Billy Martin jersey I have ever seen (the auto was passed by PSA/DNA). It is amazing. His Unitas jersey also got graded as being "game issued." Looks like Apujols04 ran into four amazing jerseys. Maybe he really could buy a Bentley now. What a run of luck especially considering how much APujols was trashed on this forum. Good for him.
    How exactly did you have the pleasure of seeing all 5 of the jerseys?

Are you a buyer? An authenticator?
    Eric

Eric, David (apujols04) is a buddy of mine. He showed me the jerseys before he consigned them to V.A. We had no idea if they were the real deal or not.

This is another example of the danger of this forum. If I recall these jerseys were "ripped" by forum memebrs as not being good, when in fact, they have now passed both MEARS and Lou Lampson authentication. I am sure that there are many on this forum who ripped on Apujols who would love to own a Bradshaw or Staubach gamer.

I didn't really follow the Apujols/Bradshaw/Staubach thread(s).

Without referring to him or his jerseys at all, I have a question about some posts on this particular thread about jerseys and authentication in general:

What does a jersey which has been "authenticated" by MEARS & Lampson have to do with it being legit or not? In other words, if a jersey is thought to be bad, and then authenticated by MEARS and Lampson, how does that mean that the jersey is then good?

There seems to be some assumptions I've missed.

Rudy.

therealdealsports2006

Please email me back. I wrote you to see if the hotmail account you registed with is valid. I can be reached at ecky3@aol.com

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by therealdealsports2006
    Looks like Apujols04 ran into four amazing jerseys.
    I love it when people refer to themselves in the third person....Deion Sanders has to do what's best for Deion Sanders!

When photos of the jerseys were originally posted, they looked good! I was happy for the dude. He constantly re-posted (within minutes) changing his story and playing stupid. That's when I realized the person using the screen name of "04 pujols" was a flake.

Rudy,

It doesn't mean that it's good, simply that it has their blessing which I am aware should only be part of the equation when purchasing an item. I'm guessing that most of the authenticators on this board who bashed the jerseys have never physically handled an authentic bradshaw or Staubach. I am more confident in the authenticity of those jerseys now having been handled by MEARS and Lou, who have actually physically inspected these jerseys and compared them to other exemplars from other authentic Bradshaw and Staubach jerseys they have looked at, then I am in some forum members looking at some jpeg images and deciding that they are not authentic. Just my opinion