Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Late '60s AFL Dolphins Gamer on eBay

For any Dolphins or AFL-era fans, I thought that I'd point out what appears to be a pretty nice late-'60s vintage piece that is being offered on eBay. It just goes to show that if you wade through enough cr*p, eventually a gem or two will float to the surface.

Regards
    Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities
    www.EndzoneSportsCharities.org

Re: Late '60s AFL Dolphins Gamer on eBay

It's already over $400 after one day of bidding, and this is probably the tip of the iceberg. The seller has several other interesting items available too.

That one won't go the distance, I'll bet it's down by the end of the night (Wednesday). I haven't many good ebay items listed correctly go the distance lately. Someone will shoot an end-it-now offer, if anyone here gets it please post what you paid!

Quote Originally Posted by genius View Post
    That one won't go the distance, I'll bet it's down by the end of the night (Wednesday). I haven't many good ebay items listed correctly go the distance lately. Someone will shoot an end-it-now offer, if anyone here gets it please post what you paid!
    This is a nice jersey. My gut feeling is this seller has sense, and will not end early. This jersey has to go for $2500...right?

This was one of the sharpest durene jerseys I have seen offered in a long time. There is a strong possibility that this jersey is from the Dolphins inaugural season (1966) based on researching this jersey.

We may never see one of these offered again. Congratulations to the winning bidder as they picked up a rare and historic jersey.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

I would have loved to have gotten a bid in but I just don't like the Dolphins enough! Need to fund my Mastro purchase instead...I think there's a lot of money left to be made on that one though, might see it again.

I can't get to e-bay from work. How much did it go for?

Sold for $2,200.

Do you think this jersey would have pulled in more from a major auction house?