Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who's G/U Items will be devalued after 2PM 12/13?

What Item do you wish you had moved from your collection with the impending release of the Mitchell Report? What player item are you hesitating in acquiring because of the report?

I'm willing to bet Griffey Jr will be clean. I don't collect current stars as a rule. I do have a Jay Payton and Burnitz items but no expensive stuff.

Re: Who's G/U Items will be devalued after 2PM 12/13?

I would bet that Roger Clemens will be on that list.

You always hear of the sluggers but,I agree with you, it's the pitchers who benefit more from quick muscle recovery.

Steiner has an special promotion called the George Mitchell special. If you purchase an autographed ball before 2pm tomorrow and that player's name appears on the Mitchell report you win a $50 gift certificate!

-David

Happy Holidays, who`s gonna be under the "Mitchell Tree" LOL...Los Angeles sports radio has been hyping this all day. Arte Moreno has promised that the list will "really upset" a lot of people. In 1998 the san diego news interviewed a star player, ON LIVE T.V. They asked repeatedly what percentage of players are using, they asked "50 percent" he said "probably more than that" Either way, this should be interesting.
    Sean

I don't think the names will surprise people and I have heard he is putting equal blame on the players and the league so I can't see the league choosing to hurt them now.
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

I doubt that Mitchell's "list" is going to have any major repercussions on the values of G/U items.

How much less is a Bret Boone bat going to be worth after 2pm today?

The whole thing is a ridiculously negative campaign, designed to rat out certain evildoers. The problem is, it's a taxpayer-funded one, and unless you name EVERYBODY WHO TOOK STEROIDS, why bother with naming a certain few. It's kind of a joke that will hopefully pass over. And I think people are sick of hearing about it. I, for one, am tired of hearing about Bonds and his *. People are war-tired, and this is the holiday season. Nobody wants to hear that negative crap. I hope that the Mitchell report quickly becomes yesterdays news.

We all get it. Players juiced.
    Leave it to a costly government report to point out the obvious.

Unless Cal Ripken, Jr. is on "the list," I doubt there will be any surprises.

Really? Juan Gonzalez juiced? I don't believe it. Sell his Game Jersey Now!!! And Ivan Rodriguez was once, how do you say, "Pudge-y?"

Whoop-a-di-do.

Thanks, Mitch.

I'm really happy you got to spend hard-earned tax dollars for all this good.

Merry Christmas.

-bscott.

I look forward to the list just for curiosity sake. I don't think it will drive too many prices down

Yeah, one thing to notice is that Mitchell is a part of the Boston Red Sox organization. Can anyone say "Conflict of Interest"??? I know in a perfect world, people are honest, but this world is far from perfect, and people are far from honest. Just look at our Government and President. It wouldn't surprise me if say certain players did not make the list due to their affiliations, etc. Hmmmmmmmmmm

I remember nobody wanting to touch Palmeiro's stuff after he failed his test. Why couldn't that happen to others? I believe it will.