Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone know anything about this McGwire bat?

http://cgi.ebay.com/GAME-USED-MARK-M...QQcmdZViewItem

Has anyone ever seen a McGwire bat like this, and does it appear in his bat records. I guess I need to ask BMH. If this is the real deal, I would figure it would be worth a bunch.

Todd

Re: Does anyone know anything about this McGwire bat?

Quote Originally Posted by Canseco44 View Post

Has anyone ever seen a McGwire bat like this, and does it appear in his bat records. I guess I need to ask BMH. If this is the real deal, I would figure it would be worth a bunch.

Todd
    Notice it is mis-spelled as McGuire if it is truly a mis-spelling as it could this be Bill McGuire's bat and someone added the 25 to the knob?

Bill McGuire played in the Majors in the late 80's.

Just a thought. Andrew

Todd, I was checking this out too. According to baseball Almanac, William Mcguire was drafted by the Mariners in 1985. This is a `86-89 Era Bat, it can only be made for 2 players. A misspelled Mark Mcgwire, or in my opinion, a william Mcguire. Mark did order s318 (in 87) I don`t know Bills ordering records. I`m not sure if any (documented) orders exist for mark using that particular finish. If Bill signed a L.S. contract in `85, then he would have signature model ls bats made. I asked several experts, but haven`t heard back yet. I`m by no means an expert, just my opinion. Someone bid on this & retracted it...

Sean

I'm the one who retracted the bid.I got a call from a friend that a S318 bat was on ebay and with a buy it know for 650.00.That was a red flag for me so I had my friend log me in and place a bid for me.When I got home to check it out I was shocked.His S318 bat orders are unfinished.So I started to do some research and contacted my friends of mine to see what they think.I got no response from them yet.

Bill Mcguire& William Mcguire did play during the the later 80's.I have contacted the seller and ask him how he got the bat.He told me he won it on Lelands Auction Scapbook live Auction Dec 12th 1992 and is willing to Fax over a copy of the auction letter.He did send me more pitchers of the bat but no auction letter I find that strange.He is willing to send a copy over to a fax number...I staying far away from this bat unless some concrete evidence comes then its a different story.

Carlie Medina III
    carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

I forgot to mention I had my friend describe the bat and he fell to mention about the dark finish.If he would have told me about the dark finish I would never had him place the bid for me.

Carlie Medina III

Carlie, This bat has been re-listed AGAIN. I e-mailed the seller & asked for the length & weight, he replied, but never with facts. The auction says he got it from "Richard Wolfers Auctions" I agree, Mac ordered "unfinished" Bats, RUN dont walk...Happy Holidays
    Sean

Sorry for all the crazy post.Here is a pitcher from Randell Hahn web site www.mcgwire.com.

Carlie Medina III
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMan View Post
    Carlie, This bat has been re-listed AGAIN. I e-mailed the seller & asked for the length & weight, he replied, but never with facts. The auction says he got it from "Richard Wolfers Auctions" I agree, Mac ordered "unfinished" Bats, RUN dont walk...Happy Holidays
    Sean
    Sean

Happy Holidays

Banned

In less than a month, this bat is relisted by the same seller, however, it now was purchased from Lelands! At this rate, we may see it listed again next month and identified as purchased from MASTRO!

http://cgi.ebay.com/GAME-USED-MARK-M...QQcmdZViewItem

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Emailed the seller. Stated, "last auction you stated the bat was obtained from "Richard Wolfers Auctions."

His response: my mistake ...The bat was obtained at lelands live scapbook auction in 1992 I have a letter from lelands and the orginal auction book

Seller emailed me within minutes.

Emailed the seller: LVS records reflect Mark McGwire only ordered unfinished bats."

Seller: Hasn't response and its been awhile