Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2007 LaDAINIAN TOMLINSON Chargers Un-Used Game Jersey Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=012

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Banned

Re: 2007 LaDAINIAN TOMLINSON Chargers Un-Used Game Jersey Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by beantown View Post
    PSI has misrepresented items in the past that I'm aware of including a Marino "game issued" helmet I purchased from them. Without clear provenance I would be very skeptical of that jersey's origin. The Chargers are NOT loosey goosey with their equipment.

It's being sold as issued.
    I will try to contact some people at the chargers to see if they're aware that some issued items are being sold
    None of the new style issued or worn jerseys have been for sale on the chargers.com website or nfl.com auctions.

The listing states "Incredible new style jersey fully customized and game ready for LT. We have other 2007 game used Chargers jerseys in the road white as well. This jersey is not game used. "

I would be interested in knowing what other 2007 chargers game used jerseys they have for sale.

I emailed him with a question- did the chargers do the customizing to this jersey, or if someone else did it, who is that person? I have not heard a response, but will update the forum when I get one.

This seller has recently sold many other properly tagged un-used game jerseys of stars from various teams recently.
    Players for sale now or recently sold include
    he is also selling on ebay un-used customized pro cut jerseys of
    michael strahan
    tiki barber
    jeremy shockey
    osi umenyiora
    matt schaub
    plaxico burress
    tiki barber
    osi umenyiora
    michael strahan
    santana moss
    willis mcgahee
    ed reed
    jeremy shockey
    tiki barber
    michael strahan
    jeremy shockey
    tiki barber
    larry johnson
    michael strahan
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Banned

I also emailed asking them about provenance but neglected to inquire about the game used whites they mentioned. So far no reply.

Would be interested in what you hear back.

I'm sure it's a legit game issued jersey but I'm shocked to see LT would wear a 52.
    Als, I'm shocked to see what people are willing to pay for an un worn jersey...wow!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by steeltownjerseys View Post
    I'm sure it's a legit game issued jersey but I'm shocked to see LT would wear a 52.
    Als, I'm shocked to see what people are willing to pay for an un worn jersey...wow!
    Seriously doubt that LT wears a 52 (several people here have NFL.com sold LT jerseys that are 46 or 48 as I recall) and suspect that the seller is playing loose with their definition of the term "game issued" as so often occurs out there. Suspect "game cut" would be the correct term. Sadly, NOT so surprised someone would get duped and bid absurd dollars, that happens all the time it seems.

Definitely interested in what we hear back on the supposed game used road whites...

I have also contacted the seller to ask specific questions about the LT jersey, but no response. Has anyone received a response from him?

i know there are many chargers fan on this baord, but it seems many time there is a chargers item in auction or ebay it is deemed to not be authentic and many forum members go out of there way more for chargers items than any other to prove they are not real.

mav,

LT dose sport a size 52 i think with so many thread on LT jerseys you would know that by now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by clinton2828 View Post
    i know there are many chargers fan on this baord, but it seems many time there is a chargers item in auction or ebay it is deemed to not be authentic and many forum members go out of there way more for chargers items than any other to prove they are not real.

mav,

LT dose sport a size 52 i think with so many thread on LT jerseys you would know that by now.
    Search and you'll see RKGibson and Eric have ones from NFL Auctions - sizes 48 and 50, not 52.

I received a response this morning from Bernie, the seller of the un-used tomlinson jersey. Here is the entire email posted here with his permission...

Dear Eric:

In regards to the 2007 white game used Chargers jerseys I have one currently which is unwashed and another which I will be getting from the last game of this season unwashed whenever that may be for San Diego. I have had a relationship for the past 3 years with a current Charger through a marketing deal we executed for him and have been able to get another of his teammates jerseys as well. They are in my personal collection unless my price is met, if not I keep them. Never in my right mind would I offer or sell one of these to you publicly.

Onto the LT jersey. Are you suggesting/accusing I found the matching number and letter fonts, tagging, sleeves, neck swatch and tail for a 2007 Chargers new style jersey and customized it with Tomlinson #21 just to sell it as an unused game jersey? That is beyond absurd. You can't possibly concoct that up even in light of your continued agenda.

Jerseys are sold on eBay often as un-used, game issued, game ready, etc. I understand you are relatively new to the hobby but you need to understand a jersey with lineman cut sleeves can't possibly be customized. They come directly to the teams cut in such a way. There are many others who sell game jerseys on eBay like Robocop for example who are doing nothing wrong nor misrepresenting items yet you and your few friends will always email me to start something up for a little excitement. If you have better suggestions on how to list a game issued/un-used/ready jersey please let me know. If it is with merit I will consider changing my language in the listing. If not I will continue to represent my items just as they are.

If you would like to share this with others please properly post the entire email, not snippets.

Thank you, Bernie

- prosportsinvestments
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...