Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Pete Rose Reds Hat. Help please.

This is a Reds Pete Rose hat from time period-early 70's to mid 70's. New Era, size 7 1/8. If anybody could help me verify if this matches up with Reds hats in the 70's and if this would be Rose's correct size, I would really appreciate it. Thanks,
    Greg
    biggamebird@yahoo.com
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: Pete Rose Reds Hat. Help please.

Greg,

The hat that you have pictured would date from the 1970's and is the correct style and make that the Reds wore. Also, the size would be correct. Pete wore a size 7 and 7 1/8.

Mike

Banned

How is the hat attributed to Rose? It looks as though it's a game worn Reds hat that Rose has autographed on the bill. The gamers I've seen have his uniform number 14 under the bill in standard fashion, however, this particular hat appears to be void of any markings.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

The Rose hat has a No. 14 written in the dome.

I thought that was a fair question given that the number is not shown in the photos.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Since we now know that this cap has the #14 written in the dome, it might help if the seller would post a photo in this thread. Additionally, if any posts are made in this thread that contain anything that even remotely resembles a personal attack, posts will be deleted and members will be suspended or banned. Let's try to act like grown ups.

Happy Holidays,

Rob

Mr.3000

Are there any more opinons on this particular cap?

The hat sizes that I have seen for Rose are 7 1/8 and 7 1/4. The 7 1/4 hats date from the late 1970's and 1980's when he had a fuller, bushier head of hair.

If he wore a size 7, it would have been during the 1960's (and possibly the early 1970's) when he had a buzz/crew cut.

I think that Rose (and his team equipment managers) normally wrote his uniform number under the hat brim, but he did also sometime write the number inside the dome -- particularly in the 1980's.

I would like to see a better picture of the uniform number for this particular hat.