Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Wanted: Louisville Slugger!

everyone wants at least double to make that model because they don't carry it and would have to change lathe programs to make it. i guess i will find a local woodsmith and have him turn some for me.
    a company not wanting to sell their product is weird to me; refering to LS.

Re: Wanted: Louisville Slugger!

I was doing really good and even wrote a proper response to your post. Unfortunately, the forums logged me off and I lost my post. So now, I’m not real happy about having to retype this so forgive me if it seems a little short.

I still don’t see the problem; we sell the model you request in the length and weight that you want. I’m sorry it won’t have your name on it nor will it be in the color you want but we do have reasons why only offer select models and colors to the public.

1. We are the largest supplier of wood bats in America and most likely the world. We control close to 70% of the wood bat market, which is a lot of wood. At the top of the heap is the MLB player. In our company they are who come first…period. We cut down “X” amount of wood each season for making bats; we make sure that we have enough timber in the correct weights for the MLB player. So we only offer select models to the general public. It wouldn’t look good if I used all my 90oz. timber on an order for you and told Derek Jeter his was on hold…

2. We made 75,000 professional baseball bats last season. That is a lot of bats considering the largest order we received was for 72 bats (ty Pudge). During the rest of the year orders usually come in quantities of twelve. That is a lot of different names, teams, colors, weights, lengths, and models. We already run two shifts and plan on adding more people to second, yes we’re that busy. If we were to open our vault of 4000+ models to the public, well, there isn’t enough time in the day to make all those bats. The collectors alone would crush us with requests J

3. If Charlotte and Tiffany say we don’t sell to that league, then we don’t sell to that league. They are the two that take the orders and deal with the players, agents and equipment managers everyday. I don’t envy their job, I know it’s not easy and I wouldn’t want it. My job is to execute their orders on the factory floor. So sorry, I can’t help you especially if you keep complaining about my company on a public forum.

Brian Hillerich
    Pro Bat Coordinator
    Hillerich & Bradsby Co.
    Louisville Slugger