Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soxfan
    • Jan 2010

Re: Seller's Remorse

I sold a pair of 1998 Kobe GU/Signed shoes...the white Adidas "Kobe's"...they were awesome but I didnt want to hang on to them while Kobe went through his "troubles" back in Colorado...

Hind sight is 20/20!

Jeremy

macleodjeremy@hotmail.com

Comment

• flaco1801
      • Nov 2005

Re: Sellers Remorse??

30 plus years of collecting, never sold anything... only remorse is some of the things i passed on.... my belief is collectors never sell...thats why lots of collectables never resurface.

Comment

• bigtruck260
        • Sep 2007

I sold a Larry Walker Cards bat a while back, thinking I'd find one with more use on it...have not seen one since.
        Dave
        Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
        River City Redbird Authentics
        http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

• tgwynn1919
          • Feb 2009

For those in the Chicago area that go to the Cubs convention, you are aware of the team auction that goes on. Anyways, a few years back, I bought one of the mystery bags that had a bunch of game used equipment in it. I ended up getting a game used bat of D. Lee, A. Soriano and a bunch of misc game used jerseys. Some guy must have been watching me to see what stuff I would pull out of the bag. As I was walking out of the room, he approached me and asked "would you be willing to sell that 'Theriot' jersey and how much?" Ryan had just completed his rookie year and I was thinking he wouldn't turn into much (as most Cubs rookies don't, well at least while they are playing for the Cubs). I ended up selling that rookie jersey to him for $180. Theriot isn't going to end up in the hall of fame, but man, I regret selling that rookie game used jersey.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
            Banned
            • Oct 2009

I agree with Flacco that collectors collect. I never sold anything before this year (most of what I sold was at a loss) and I am happy to report that every nickel I have made has gone back into my collection. Sometimes you have to sell stuff to buy stuff you want more. When I look at my Drew Brees and Jared Allen jerseys I do not feel remorse about the items I have sold because I tell myself if you kept them you would not have these jerseys. I guess it helps in my case that the items I have sold were items I lost interest in years ago when I discovered g/u items or impulse g/u purchases that I regreted buying in the first place.

Comment

• gridman80
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
              I agree with Flacco that collectors collect. I never sold anything before this year (most of what I sold was at a loss) and I am happy to report that every nickel I have made has gone back into my collection. Sometimes you have to sell stuff to buy stuff you want more. When I look at my Drew Brees and Jared Allen jerseys I do not feel remorse about the items I have sold because I tell myself if you kept them you would not have these jerseys. I guess it helps in my case that the items I have sold were items I lost interest in years ago when I discovered g/u items or impulse g/u purchases that I regreted buying in the first place.
              Hi Justin, This is Jim....can we chat about the Revis..I am ready to rock and roll and am asking you to reply to my email asking about your preferred method of payment please. Thanks

Comment

• CampWest
                • May 2008

Apparently even superstars like George Brett get seller's remorse...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/column...tim&id=3502239
                excerpt

"About two weeks later, I got the bat back when we were in Detroit," Brett said. "I took the pine tar down to the limit, 18 inches. And I drew a red line on my bat [so never to put the pine tar above it]. I used it for two games. Gaylord came up and said, 'Why are you using that bat? That's a historic bat. If you break it, it won't be worth anything.' So I put it in the bat bag, and now it's in the Hall of Fame.

"Originally, I sold it to a collector [Barry Halper] for $25,000. But a week later, or six months later, I didn't think that was the right thing to do. So I bought it back for $25,000. And I gave Barry the bat that I used when I hit three home runs in one game off [Yankees pitcher] Catfish Hunter in the playoffs."
                sigpic
                Wes Campbell

Comment

Working...