Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Banned

Re: Sellers Remorse??

I agree with Flacco that collectors collect. I never sold anything before this year (most of what I sold was at a loss) and I am happy to report that every nickel I have made has gone back into my collection. Sometimes you have to sell stuff to buy stuff you want more. When I look at my Drew Brees and Jared Allen jerseys I do not feel remorse about the items I have sold because I tell myself if you kept them you would not have these jerseys. I guess it helps in my case that the items I have sold were items I lost interest in years ago when I discovered g/u items or impulse g/u purchases that I regreted buying in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    I agree with Flacco that collectors collect. I never sold anything before this year (most of what I sold was at a loss) and I am happy to report that every nickel I have made has gone back into my collection. Sometimes you have to sell stuff to buy stuff you want more. When I look at my Drew Brees and Jared Allen jerseys I do not feel remorse about the items I have sold because I tell myself if you kept them you would not have these jerseys. I guess it helps in my case that the items I have sold were items I lost interest in years ago when I discovered g/u items or impulse g/u purchases that I regreted buying in the first place.
    Hi Justin, This is Jim....can we chat about the Revis..I am ready to rock and roll and am asking you to reply to my email asking about your preferred method of payment please. Thanks

Apparently even superstars like George Brett get seller's remorse...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/column...tim&id=3502239
    excerpt

"About two weeks later, I got the bat back when we were in Detroit," Brett said. "I took the pine tar down to the limit, 18 inches. And I drew a red line on my bat [so never to put the pine tar above it]. I used it for two games. Gaylord came up and said, 'Why are you using that bat? That's a historic bat. If you break it, it won't be worth anything.' So I put it in the bat bag, and now it's in the Hall of Fame.

"Originally, I sold it to a collector [Barry Halper] for $25,000. But a week later, or six months later, I didn't think that was the right thing to do. So I bought it back for $25,000. And I gave Barry the bat that I used when I hit three home runs in one game off [Yankees pitcher] Catfish Hunter in the playoffs."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell