Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sellers Remorse??

I am interested to find out if anyone else has experienced regret in selling some memorabilia? A few months ago I sold my game used MLB bat collection and for about a month after I felt really uneasy about having done it. I don't know if it was because I felt like I could have gotten more money if I had shopped them around more but I think it was more that I felt like I had sold a piece of my childhood since I collected these items between the ages of 10-13 years of age. In the collection was a nice 1981 George Brett bat which was the first bat I had ever gotten and looking back that was the one I wished I had kept.

I'd be interested to hear some other thoughts on the subject.

Re: Sellers Remorse??

Happens all the time -

I wears off when a new box is laying on my front porch.

Dave

It has happened to me twice, an early 80's Eric Dickerson SMU gamer and a complete nm to nm/mt 1965 Topps baseball set, complete. Took over 2 years to complete. Never get over those two.

Scott

Bought a GU Twins v Devil Rays Line up card and paid for it, but never got the item...the seller said he sent it, however I doubt he actually did as he was too gracious with refund....

What bummed me out was it wasn't for me, but for my brother who lives in Tampa Bay and was to be a gift....
    Always looking for Dodger Game Used Jerseys

One way to combat sellers remorse is sell/trade with somebody you know and/or like and that truly loves collecting what you do. That way when you miss a piece you at least know it found a good home.

Seller's Remorse

Name one thing you have sold that you would like to have back. It's a painful question and we all have something in mind. Be honest. Maybe the buyer will have a change of heart. I regret selling a Rajai Davis Giants jersey with All-Star patch. His career flourished after I sold it.

das1721@suddenlink.net

Re: Seller's Remorse

Mt first gamer. Valeri Bure Florida Panthers red from 03/04 with a skate cut on the shoulder.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

1992 Kenny Lofton home jersey... I sold it in a moment of weakenss before I started my Lofton collection and have never been able to track it back down.

Quote Originally Posted by dcgreg25 View Post
    1992 Kenny Lofton home jersey... I sold it in a moment of weakenss before I started my Lofton collection and have never been able to track it back down.
    Ouch! That would be a nice jersey to have. Hopefully your able to track it down and get it back.
    Always buying David Justice items

My first GU jersey purchase was 1988; a Dave Kingman '75 Home Mets NNOB. I sold it in 2008 taking heat from wife upon my involvement buying much of Dave's collection and funds were used to secure Dave's '73 Giants Home. My thought at the time is that I have a 82 Home and 77 Road, and know where a 76 exists and thought the owner would sell.

Well, doubtful the owner will ever remember where he even has it, and I have a feeling Hell will freeze over sooner than a sale. I regret selling it, no question...
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com