Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A new GUU'er!

Re: A new GUU'er!

I can definitely relate! My son is 19 months old now and keeps my wife and I hopping!

Congrats on the new addition to the family! As they say, "having a baby changes everything". That statement can't be any more true...but the best change you will ever have in life! Enjoy each day...some will be challenging but well worth it!

Congrats, Eric and Liz, on the arrival of your newborn, Eva! Welcome to Parenthood and all that it brings.

I have a two-year old daughter and a one-year old son. I wanted my daughter's middle name to be VinScully, and my son's middle name to be Robinson (for Jackie Robinson), but my wife would have no part of that.

Maybe you can set up an Items For Trade section, and we can trade Eva's USC-colored knit cap for my son's powder blue cap!

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

Congrats! I have 3 in my collection already.......it will definately be your "grail" in the collection........Happy Holidays and Congratulations!
    "All suspects are guilty until proven innocent in the court of law":D

cjduffield@cablespeed.com

Quote Originally Posted by island_style View Post
    Congrats, Eric and Liz, on the arrival of your newborn, Eva! Welcome to Parenthood and all that it brings.

I have a two-year old daughter and a one-year old son. I wanted my daughter's middle name to be VinScully, and my son's middle name to be Robinson (for Jackie Robinson), but my wife would have no part of that.

Rsamiano@aol.com
    For about an hour I was pushing for her name to be LaDainian Meadowlark, but even I thought, "might be too much"
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

What a great addition to the holiday season Eric--- Congrats !!!

My first child was always going to be named Casey (as in Stengel) no matter what (turned out to be a daughter.) When my wife wouldn't let me name our second daughter Lisa Marie (Presley), we compromised on Carly (Simon.) I briefly considered Lancey (Alworth), but not for too long.

All the best.

Mike

Congrats and Happy Holidays.
    Cheers
    Ty

Congrats from Italy !!!
    .... the red hat is a wonderful used item from her rookie season

Congrats Eric! Nice work!
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

In elaborating on the posts mentioning names, in a private email to Eric I mentioned how beautiful I thought his daughter was as well as the fact that I loved her name. While I didn't know what the name meant at the time of my email, I told Eric in my mind the name conjured up the image of beauty and grace.

Well, I did a name search regarding the name Eva and found out it is the Latinate form of Eve and Eve having a background of "From the Hebrew name חַוָּה (Chavvah), which was derived from the Hebrew word חוה (chavah) "to breathe" or the related word חיה (chayah) "to live". The name is therefore often translated to mean "life" or "giver of life". On one site I actually found the following: "Eva was also used to Anglicize Aoife in Ireland, an old name believed to be derived from aoibh (beauty)."

In any event, judging from the pictures, as well as the upbringing she will receive from Eric and Liz, I think my image of beauty and grace will likely be adjectives that will follow Eva throughout her life.

Sincerely,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by JimCaravello View Post
    Congratulations Eric!! December babies are special!!
    I'll 2nd that...of course I prejudiced as I was a December Baby (some will still say I am).

What everyone else has already said, there is nothing more pure than the unconditional love a child brings.

Jim
    Always looking for Dodger Game Used Jerseys