Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any thoughts on this 0062 wash tag Authentic?

How's this 0062 wash tag look it's from a 2004 Majestic jersey. I've never seen a wash tag stitched next to the size tag? Has anyone else? Does it look authentic? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Any thoughts on this 0062 wash tag Authentic?

It looks right to me....the key thing is that the wash tag is sewn under the seam and not over it!
    Always looking for Dodger Game Used Jerseys

Joe,

This tag looks absolutely authentic. Interior size tagging is not at all uncommon on pro Majestic jerseys from 2004-present. You'll also find some Majestic wash tags with customization flag tags sewn above them (extra length, etc.). If you'd like to see some photos of those, I can post them. Good luck!

Best,
    Rob Steinmetz
    www.authenticgamers.com
    authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!

Rob:

The funny thing about Majestic is that there is no absolute rule of thumb and I have seen them with and without the size tags over the wash tag.

As you know, I primarily collect LA Dodgers, is this the case for all teams? I'm sure you or Rudy (kingjammy) will be able to let us know if that is the case.

Jim
    Always looking for Dodger Game Used Jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by bigjimsguitars View Post
    Rob:

The funny thing about Majestic is that there is no absolute rule of thumb and I have seen them with and without the size tags over the wash tag.

As you know, I primarily collect LA Dodgers, is this the case for all teams? I'm sure you or Rudy (kingjammy) will be able to let us know if that is the case.

Jim
    Jim,

A couple of years ago I had some Dodger jerseys that also had the size tag sewn over the interior waist tag. I sold them, but didn't take any photos of the interior tags. I still have a Dodgers road-issued Burnitz that also has this type of tagging.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

Arod,

I have 3 or so Nats jerseys that have the same tagging. I bought these from the team store so they are legit.

-Jim

This is on a 2006 Mariner jersey that I bought this week from the Mariners. 100% legit, but look at how it is sown on.

Hi Jim.

I have seen the interior size and customization flag tagging on several other team jerseys. I believe the first ones I ever saw were on Dodgers and Angels jerseys back in 2004.

Best,
    Rob Steinmetz
    www.authenticgamers.com
    authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!

Quote Originally Posted by tym View Post
    This is on a 2006 Mariner jersey that I bought this week from the Mariners. 100% legit, but look at how it is sown on.

TYM,

Any chance you could add a pick of the 0062 tag inside the seam from underneath the bulk of the tag? Does the tag go back down and into the seam or is the tag only sewn on by the thread running over the seam?

-Andrew

Hi Andrew,
    Both edges of the tag are visable in the image I posted, it does not loop back under. It has that one line of thread holding it in. I can take another image and post, no problem.
    Cheers,
    Ty
    www.FriendsOfCFF.com