Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who made this NFL jersey?

here is a 2007 michael vick "game issued" jersey:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270197881686

here's what has me curious; on july 17, vick was indicted. on july 23, goodell ordered vick not to attend training camp. on july 26, the falcons open training camp and vick is arraigned and ordered not to leave Virginia before the trial, thereby ensuring vick would not play in 2007. i'd say that a couple of days after july 17, the falcons knew vick wouldn't be playing that season. given that they knew this, they wouldn't have ordered a jersey for him. if the falcons didn't order this "game issued" jersey for vick, then who made it up? are nfl jerseys typically ordered prior to the start of training camp?

rudy.

Banned

Re: Who made this NFL jersey?

Well, the listing says "game issue/pro cut" so I think it's likely it's just a pro-cut, not anything from the team.

Cool Re: Who made this NFL jersey?

That jersey and awhole bunch like it was made before training camp started, i have gates jersey for the Chargers tagged 07 year before they decided to go with the new style jersey.

As for where is it made, it doesn't have a ripon athletic made in berlin WI tag, judging by the tag, it has the same tag as the Arizona Cardinals jerseys

would a pro-cut have that collar tag?

"That jersey and awhole bunch like it was made before training camp started.."

made by who? that is, who applied the nob and numbers? the manufacturer/team?

if this is a pro-cut, then i'm guessing that the nob & numbers were applied by some private, non-team, non-manufacturer entity. in that case, did they simply acquire a blank pro-cut and have it done up as a vick?

to be honest, the concept of a pro-cut has me a little confused in some cases where the tagging is indistinguishable from a gamer and the nob and numbers are perfect, down to the stitching. these jerseys are made by the manufacturer according to orders placed by the team. if there is no specific order, then would the manufacturer just pump these things out? after all, they aren't intended for the retail market. if you look at the case of the crates and crates worth of lebron "pro cuts", then it seems as if the manufacturer is pumping them out with the nob and numbers. if the teams aren't placing these orders, then who? maybe agents looking to turn a quick buck or team staff doing it secretly? i know i can't call up reebok and tell them i want a 50+2 lebron jersey with pro tagging made up for me.

i guess i'm just wondering where these things are coming from if not from the teams. i'm curious if the manufacturers are indeed letting these things go out the back door complete with nob, numbers, and customizations or if individuals are acquiring blanks and having them done up.

rudy.

Nlfjerseycollector.....can You Tell Me The Best Way To Get Game Jerseys Of The Chargers? I'd Love To Get A Whitehurst...also Do You Have Any Former Clemson Players. Any Help You Can Give Would Be Great...have A Great Christmas.

Rudy,

I would guess that most NFL teams would have made their initial 2007 order well before July 17. It would seem that ordering in mid-to-late July gives little time to fill the order and do any necessary alterations. From a personal experience with the Falcons back in 1995, I toured their facilities on July 8 and they already had their 1995 game jerseys on hand in the equipment room.

I have no facts to base it on as I have never asked the question, but my guess is that NFL teams would be ordering uniforms in the spring. This might be a fun question for someone to ask the next time they have a conversation with an equipment room contact.

Happy Holidays!!!

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Rudy, look at the font style used on the tagging on Vick's jersey and compare that to all jersey made by Ripon Athletic.

As for what manufacture made the jersey, i doubt that it was from a private or non team manufacturer, jersey look to professional to be from a small shop.

Banned

He offers no provenance in his listing and uses the term pro-cut so I'll believe that's what it is, that it never got NEAR a Falcons facility. $1,000 for a game cut is ludicrous, not to mention its a Vick. Apply 90% discount to the face value of a normal pro-cut.

The seller sure has a lot of Un-Worn Pro-Cut, Team Issued stuff, to the point it makes you wonder where it's all coming from.

$1000.00 just isn't reality and if it belonged to me, I would auction it off to the highest bidder and donate the proceeds to a reputable animal rescue center.

Merry Christmas,

Jim
    Always looking for Dodger Game Used Jerseys

"I would guess that most NFL teams would have made their initial 2007 order well before July 17. It would seem that ordering in mid-to-late July gives little time to fill the order and do any necessary alterations. From a personal experience with the Falcons back in 1995, I toured their facilities on July 8 and they already had their 1995 game jerseys on hand in the equipment room."

prior the start of training camp, the team doesn't entirely know who'll make the final cut and who won't. if they don't know, how can they order the jerseys? do they just order jerseys for every single training camp invitee?

awhile ago i watched a series on HBO about the kc chiefs training camp. during the entire camp, players were regularly being cut and new players were being brought on mid-camp. at some point towards the end of camp, the chiefs played a pre-season game at arrowhead. it showed some little old lady sewing up some jerseys for the pre-season game. i don't know if she was just sewing patches on or the names and numbers as well.

in baseball, the orders are placed during march/spring training when the team has a reasonable idea of who'll be on the team/who to order jerseys for.

at any rate, an interesting question. your experience with the falcons certainly holds merit. (i'm assuming the jerseys you saw had the nobs and numbers applied).

"Rudy, look at the font style used on the tagging on Vick's jersey and compare that to all jersey made by Ripon Athletic."

i don't know the difference. can someone post '07 tagging from a ripon jersey?

rudy.