Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Lampson's Amazing Loa

Not only did Lampson write a simply informative LOA, it wrote it on a Scoreboard jersey!

Is it possible that his notes that he intended to use for the LOA were actually switched, and sent as a LOA for this jersey? How could the attached even be considered a LOA? Likewise, what criteria was used in order to give this shirt a grade of 8?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Autographed-Game...QQcmdZViewItem

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Re: Lampson's Amazing Loa

Oh yeah....well I have a Lampson LOA written on a napkin....beat that! It must be awful to even begin to think a LOA from Lampson means squat these days.......in fact......I see the word LOU LAMPSON and I don't even give the item a second thought....and I know most collectors that have been around do the same......unfortunately, if your item has a Lampson LOA with it....you come out a LOU-SER in the long run!
    "All suspects are guilty until proven innocent in the court of law":D

cjduffield@cablespeed.com

Lou can't even get Gregg Jefferies first name right on his LOA.

Mike

Note that it doesn't say used or worn.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Note that it doesn't say used or worn.
    So whats the grade 8 for?Use or how new it is?

Carlie Medina III
    carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

I'm not doubting it was made as a game used LOA. I've seen a lot of game used LOAs that don't mention the item as game used. I've interpreted the omission as a liability protection. No doubt, it's oxymoronic when a game used LOA doesn't use words even resembling game used, but you see it.

Banned

MET EXPERTS HELP ME OUT HERE!!!

In 1990 werent the names on the back stitched onto a name plate back???

The Jeffries here shows the name directly stitched onto the Jersey.

Also isnt this the same Jersey that we discussed here a couple of months ago that was in another auction maybe American Memorabilia, Ebay, etc.....????

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    MET EXPERTS HELP ME OUT HERE!!!

In 1990 werent the names on the back stitched onto a name plate back???

The Jeffries here shows the name directly stitched onto the Jersey.

Also isnt this the same Jersey that we discussed here a couple of months ago that was in another auction maybe American Memorabilia, Ebay, etc.....????
    Jason,

The Mets stopped using nameplates in 1986, so this would be correct. Problem is that the jersey is not game worn (although Mr. Lampson would think otherwise). I doubt it's the same jersey, as there have been literally dozens of these to surface in recent years as game worn, so it would be against the odds... but then again, knowing how the crap of this hobby seems to change hands rapidly, there's always the possibility!!

Nick

Nick

Banned

TNT thats what I meant this same Jersey was in a previous auction and we pointed out it was a scoreboard. Sorry for the confusion.

But thanks for the info on the name on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    Jason,

The Mets stopped using nameplates in 1986, so this would be correct. Problem is that the jersey is not game worn (although Mr. Lampson would think otherwise). I doubt it's the same jersey, as there have been literally dozens of these to surface in recent years as game worn, so it would be against the odds... but then again, knowing how the crap of this hobby seems to change hands rapidly, there's always the possibility!!

Nick

Nick

Actually 1987 was the year the Mets stopped using name plates. 1986 Goodmans had nameplates.

$350 for a 1990 possible Scoreboard Jefferies! I need Lampson to give me LOAs for my Mets Steiner stuff I can't even get 300 for!

David