Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thin ringed Adirondack bats

Have you ever noticed you almost never see late 60's model Adirondacks for sale? The ones with the very thin colored ring like the one pictured. Why do you think that is? If anyone has any, could you please post them. I love these bats and you just never see them very often.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Thin ringed Adirondack bats

The first Adirondack colored rings were introduced in 1967, on only a few Adirondack pro bats. Only a few examples of this 'thin colored ring' have surfaced from that period (1961 through 1967 labeling.) An example of this can be found on page 78 of BATS.

In 1968 the use of colored rings was common on Adirondack bats. The ring began, as noted and illustrated in the above photo, as a very thin ring which widened over the years, likely as a marketing tool in response to increasing television coverage of Major League Baseball.

Thin banded Adirondack bats from either labeling period, 1961-67 or 1968-70, should be considered very scarce at the least.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

Maybe these are more rare than I thought. Here is a picture of one that a friend of mine sent me. Ain't it a beauty?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here's a pic of a Tony Perez thin ring.

Just spotted this one....

Came across this one today, circa 1968-69 in mint/unused condition.

Also came across this Willie Mays LS, same era. Mays, who had a contract with Adirondack, drew a thin ring around the LS to make it look like an Adirondack.