Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Re: Kobe Rookie Game Used Jersey with a stitched Gold NBA Patch?

Every NBA jersey worn in the 1996/97 season had the gold NBA logo. It was ABSOLUTELY NOT just for Shaq or the other members of the top 50 all-time that were still active. It was worn by all players to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the NBA.
    True. And you would occasionally see the regular logo if the player was wearing a jersey that was manufactured in years prior. I think this was Iverson's rookie year and I recall basketball cards which showed him with both the gold and regular logo patch.

Greg

Banned

Greg, while we are at it, look at the picture of Kobe and Shaq above that Nate posted. Kobe has the gold logo and Shaq has the old color logo.

As Mr. T said when I met him after an 8th grade graduation ceremony back in the early 1990s - "Weird, wild, happen' stuff going on in there".

Not to change the subject, but I asked this question before and no one knew the answer, but, here it goes again, I have a Kobe 2000-01 Laker Home jersey, which on the left side along the vertical white stripe that separates the front from the back has a black thin (perhaps 1/8 inch) tag with 5 vertical sliver dots that go down it. The length is about an inch. I think it is some kind of identifying tag, does anyone know for sure.

Can you post a picture?