Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Locker Displays Photos??

Now that the holidays are over, as we fall into a lull at some point and the wife gets off my back about family commitments, etc., I want to build a locker display for all the jerseys, gloves and cleats. Can members post photos here with dimensions to assist when I go about my project??

I thought about using oak, but may elect to make it out of melamine board, etc.

Skyking26

Re: Locker Displays Photos??

I am in the process of doing the same thing...got a little delayed with all the holidays and bowl games.

I will post when I am done.

If you are familar with Caseworks Locker Display, that is what I am trying to do. It cost $500 +, so I think I can make it for a lot less.

I went to Aaron Brothers (frame shop)....I bought a hugh poster size frame. I am going to build a box and put the frame on hinges.

I want to be able to put a basketball jersey, and shoes and possily a basketball in the display.

Also on melamine, you can not paint that unless you are going to sand it down and then put a coat of primer on it. I want a black display so unless you want it white I would not use melamine.

I'll take a look at the caseworks locker display. I have about 10 or 11 gamer worn jerseys, and doing individual cases on a wall just does not do it anymore - thus the locker concept...

Quote Originally Posted by worldchamps View Post
    Also on melamine, you can not paint that unless you are going to sand it down and then put a coat of primer on it. I want a black display so unless you want it white I would not use melamine.
    I'm a carpenter. We use melamine often for cabinets. You can do other colors besides white as we have. Melamine was a thought as my first was oak, but that gets pricey quick. Still in the planning stages...

Well Rob Steinmetz has the best display I have ever sceen.

Rob hope you don't mind me posting this...some day I hope to be able to have this done
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Awesome. You know, as a carpenter you think you have good ideas - but there is always hindsight. I started my basement many years ago with an 18x25 sports room that I thought would be more than enough to display everything. I did an office. I did a full basement kitchen, bath and large living room. Obviously as a married family guy, I am told one can't take over the whole place with a sports shrine. I have inquired about the usage of the stairwell - nix. And so it goes. What to do, and thus the locker idea...

I am going to stay with the locker theme, probably in 4 foot wide sections to make sure they get down my stairwell. Will do either a melamine or laminate cover board of some kind later this month. Plan is to have a bypass glass door with lock (keep the kids out).

I still would like to see your locker displays here??

Quote Originally Posted by worldchamps View Post
    Well Rob Steinmetz has the best display I have ever sceen.

Rob hope you don't mind me posting this...some day I hope to be able to have this done
    That is really awesome! However, depending on the type of light used, the display might fade any autographs therein?

Just curious - does the oak smell make the collectibles smell of oak permanently? Let me know.

Here is a little locker-type area in my basement. It's a cheapo method, but it looks OK for now.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas