Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

TaMpA bAy B.p JeRsEyS uSeD iN b.P oR sUnDaYs???????

can anybody please tell me if the t.b devil rays used these alternate jerseys for b.p or if they used these on sundays?
    thanks in advance!

rudy

Re: TaMpA bAy B.p JeRsEyS uSeD iN b.P oR sUnDaYs???????

Rudy -

Last season, I had the same question and posed it to the previous board. I had some people tell me that they were worn in games both in Japan (Yanks - DRays series) and the rest of the season. I did extensive research, and here is what I found.

They did indeed wear them in the Japan series. However, those have a white patch on the sleeve.

I can tell you that I researched every game from the 2004 season to see if they wore the ones without the "Ricoh" patch during the season. I can tell you I found photo proof for all but 3-5 games from that season, and they never wore them in any of the 158 or so games that I had proof for.

I did find about 5 or 10 sources (news paper articles / getty images / mlb) that showed them in those jerseys, and all mentioned they were spring training. Based on my research, I would say they were worn solely in spring training unless they have this patch.

Just my 2 cents.

nice work,thanks alot!

rudy

Rudy the jersey in your post is infact a bp jersey. The DRays wear one similar to this on Sunday's sans the underarm speedy dri fabric.

Hope this helps.

Mike