Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Atlanta Braves fanfest next weekend....who's going?

So who plans on attending the Atlanta Braves fanfest next week? I plan to be there on Saturday atleast an hour and a half early so I could get into the Chipper Jones (or maybe Teixeira) line, or I might just go in and grab all the cheap game used they might have.

Here's some info on it:

The Atlanta Braves will hold what the team calls their "largest FanFest ever" on January 12 and 13, featuring a multitude of activities for the family, including some aimed at collectors. The event will be held at the Georgia World Congress Center for the first time.
    From 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. on Saturday, January 12, and 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Sunday, January 13, Braves fans will have the opportunity to meet Braves players, alumni, and top prospects, collect autographs, play interactive games, participate in skills clinics and shop for Braves memorabilia and merchandise.

All activities once inside Braves FanFest 2008, including autograph sessions with Braves players, coaches, and alumni, will be free.
    Braves memorabilia, including game-worn Braves jerseys, autographed baseballs, bats, photos, lineup cards, and game-used equipment will be on sale at the Atlanta Braves Foundation Community Corner. New in 2008, the "Community Closet" will feature an array of collectible items on sale for what the club calls a "substantial discount" as the Braves clean their closets to make room for new memorabilia in 2008.
    Three autograph stations will feature a rotating marquee of Atlanta Braves players, coaches, alumni, and top prospects from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Sunday.

Fans can stop by the Atlanta Braves Photo Station to pose for photos with Braves players, coaches, alumni, and top prospects.
    Tickets for the event are $12 in advance at $15 for walk-ups.

Re: Atlanta Braves fanfest next weekend....who's going?

Im pretty sure I'll be there. Do you know where that Corner Clubhouse is that they mentioned? The only places I know to get GU stuff is in the CNN Center and at the stadium in the Hank Aaron Room...

Quote Originally Posted by GoTigers View Post
    Im pretty sure I'll be there. Do you know where that Corner Clubhouse is that they mentioned? The only places I know to get GU stuff is in the CNN Center and at the stadium in the Hank Aaron Room...
    It's probably just a booth at the Congress Center. The only places that I know of where you can get game used from is the CNN Center and Turner Field like you said, and besides the Fanfest, I know that there's some people that have hook-ups to buy big-name player's jerseys direct from the team, but I was never told how these people get put on the list.

Does anyone know if Ron Gant will be signing as part of the alumni?

Abe

Quote Originally Posted by Kid4hof03 View Post
    Does anyone know if Ron Gant will be signing as part of the alumni?

Abe

They haven't come out with a list yet of players to attend, but I'm guessing that they're probably going to wait until the day of the Fanfest. Last year, when everyone was waiting in line an hour early, people came out and handed out the schedules of who was signing and where.

Kyle,

If you come across any old Leo Mazzone jerseys or hats, you've got a buyer in me.

Thanks,
    Drew

eighty9asmvpbats@yahoo.com

Waited in line for 4 hours to be able to get an auto for son from Chipper?
    Any ideas or rumors who's going to be there? We are going Saturday and Sunday..

If they have any throwback jerseys for a decent price, i would love to add one to the collection if someone can help out...

Yo Kyle,
    I've never been to one of these before, how early should I arrive to get some good GU stuff? Also, what are the prices like on jersey's, bat's, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by GoTigers View Post
    Yo Kyle,
    I've never been to one of these before, how early should I arrive to get some good GU stuff? Also, what are the prices like on jersey's, bat's, etc.?

Last year I got there 2 hours early and the line still had about 100-200 people in it. The game worn jerseys were commonly priced at $100, and they had some jerseys which appeared to be issued for $60. Game worn hats were $5