Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Game Issued-Unused Pro Bowl Jersey?

Yeah, I am not calling any one out or anything, but why in the world would the NFL issue at least 2 Pro Bowl Jersey's for players for a one time exhibition game, and how one person could somehow gain possesion of all of the star players "game issued-unused" collectibles?..It really starts to piss you off that people like this prey on unknowing buyers with this type crap...There was an overseas seller on Ebay who was selling large quantities of game cut Pro Bowl Jersy's (all with 4" LB) who has apparently been busted, but there out there and I have seen quite a few in the last few months. I have issued a inquiry of the source off all of these items and will post response...SInce I have not provided a link or seller ID I am within my rights to post this rant...It just has really gotten me frustrated lately.

Jay

Re: Game Issued-Unused Pro Bowl Jersey?

If this was seller in China, those jerseys aren't even real Reebok jerseys. They are fakes, although they are fairly well-done fakes. How much were they selling them for?

The reason I ask how much they were selling for is the ones I have seen have been very cheap, like $24.99 plus $20.00 shipping.

Also, as a side note, I have what I believe may have been Mark Brunell's back-up Pro Bowl jersey from 2000:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jayt1234 View Post
    Yeah, I am not calling any one out or anything, but why in the world would the NFL issue at least 2 Pro Bowl Jersey's for players for a one time exhibition game, and how one person could somehow gain possesion of all of the star players "game issued-unused" collectibles?..It really starts to piss you off that people like this prey on unknowing buyers with this type crap...There was an overseas seller on Ebay who was selling large quantities of game cut Pro Bowl Jersy's (all with 4" LB) who has apparently been busted, but there out there and I have seen quite a few in the last few months. I have issued a inquiry of the source off all of these items and will post response...SInce I have not provided a link or seller ID I am within my rights to post this rant...It just has really gotten me frustrated lately.

Jay
    First of all I have no problem with your rant, we all get miffed sometimes at odd things or situations in this hobby.
    I in no means am defending whoever your talking about just adding in some logical possibilities
    But you go off on a tangent about Game Issued Jersey and how many Jerseys a player would need. I would think it would be pretty common even for a 1 time Pro Bowl game for them to make at least 2 Jerseys for each player - 1 for the to wear and another 1 as a precaution for back up just in case if the first one gets ruined in some way - maybe torn or something during the game.
    If memory serves me correct MLB does this also with the All Star games by making 2 of each Jersey. I had at one point of ton of the Game Issued National League BP Jerseys from the 2003 All Star game, you may say why would they make extra BP Jerseys???? BUT THEY DID

Also you mention Game Cut as opposed to Game Issued.
    There is a difference.

I can have a hundred Game Cut Derek Jeter Jerserys - all that means is I was able to make a replica specific to Jeters likings or find a blank Game Issued cut to Jeters liking slapped on the #2 on the back and waa laa I have a Game / Pro cut Jersey.

Game Issued means that a particular Jersey was made for professional game use and cut specifically for a particular player to wear and he never got around to wearing it.

I say Jeters name espcially bcuz I know of a seller on ebay sells about 5 Jeter Jerseys a year or so usually gets around $300-$500 in bidding on them and list them as Pro Cut - is he doing anything wrong NO but I laugh at how people think they are Game related and they don't do there homework or don't pay specific attention to the words "Pro Cut" not "Game Issued"

Banned

The real problem lies in the liberal interpretation of the term "game issue" as applied to items that while spot on, did not emanate from an NFL locker room. Even respected sellers like Gridiron Authentics regretfully still play that game, as evidenced by exchanges between GA (still one of my fav sellers that I continue to use) and our own aeneas over some of their helmets. In fact, they have a Brady Pro Bowl jersey team signed on ebay now. Whether it is in fact from the Pats or not I do not know, but given the past exchanges I refer to, it seems doubtful.

Of course, items bring much more money if the buyers aren't fully literate on this issue as they think they're getting an item that once hung in the team's locker room, when really it's a spot on copy that never got near an NFL facility.

Would they sew the name through the nameplate and jersey if it was a game issue? Your Brunell Nike doesn't seem to be GI IMO.

Banned

Junkyarddog - yes Game Issue would have nameplates and names sewn in as they were amde by the manufacturer with intent for the player to wear it.

If you are referring to Pro Cut I would even assume the person making up the Jersey if they want to get as much money for it as possible or look as real as possible they would do it too. I don't know exacly how good of a job they are going to do as the manufacturer would? but I am sure they would try.

Let me clarify. One gentleman has a pic of a Jaguars PB jersey where the name is sewn through the jersey and nameplate. All game jerseys I have seen have the name sewn to the nameplate then attached to the jersey.

It is true, the name on the back is screened on. I have been trying to see if that is how they were done for these jerseys to no avail.