Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

McGwire bat and jersey on EBAY

The bat has 256B stamped but no batch number or year...can anyone comment on this? Is that common?

The jersey I question the #2. I have never seen it curl up like it does at the end, it should be flat. I've been to spring training a few times in the 90's and never saw a jersey like that to my rememberance. Again can anyone comment on that? Rudy? Possibly you, since I know you collect a lot of A's jerseys. I emailed the seller yesterday and have heard nothing as of yet.

Aaron

Banned

Re: McGwire bat and jersey on EBAY

Aaron-

The B.P. in question looks good, however, I'd like to see a closeup shot of the RAWLINGS on the sleeve and also the flag patch. I sent the seller 3 emails about additional photos, and also about his return policy (it's not mentioned in the description). After 3 emails and 10 days later, I received the following two word response, "NO RETURNS".

I have no way of knowing if this is a legit MAC 1990 pregame, however, I'm not interested in bidding.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Banned

Banned

Yeah, kind of makes you wonder with no returns! However, you feel comfortable with that #2? I don't, never seen it go up, it should be flat in my opinion! I never received a responce from the seller either, I asked for more photos as well. Can you, Howard, produce a photo of Mac or any other A's player from 1990 with the #2 tailing up at the end...its a font I have never seen on a legit A's gamer.

Aaron

Banned

Bill Henderson's guide has a 1990 pre-game, #24. I agree that the 2 on Bill's jersey does not have a tail as high as the 25 McGwire, but I'd like to see more examples before making a conclusion. I agree-locating photos of other pre-game 2's from 1990 is extremely difficult. I'll keep looking.

Regardless, the NO RETURN policy eliminates any chance of me bidding on such an item.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Check out the 2 on the green jersey on this image at getty (72953858). Its the same. Im not sure this is a real jersey but I think the 2 is the same. I am leary of anyone saying no returns. Also take a look at this gettys image(280231). Its shows him wearing a similar jersey. It even has the rawlings tagging on the right arm like the one on eBay.