Again, I am a Mets fan but, as the old lady said, "where's the beef?"

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...int=1&page=all

Saturday, January 05, 2008
Jose Canseco's sequel not as 'Juiced'

BY CHRISTIAN RED
NY DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER
Saturday, January 5th 2008, 4:00 AM
Jose Canseco's sequel to his 2005 best-seller "Juiced" has hit its first snag.
As the Daily News first reported last weekend, former Bash Brother Canseco has finalized a deal to publish "Vindicated" with Penguin Books, with a planned release date to coincide with Opening Day. But former Sports Illustrated associate editor Don Yaeger, who was scheduled to collaborate with Canseco on the book, has passed on the project. Yaeger said Friday that Canseco does not have the goods on Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez that Canseco alluded to in media interviews last month.
"I'm passing," Yaeger told the Daily News. "I had a chance to review the Jose Canseco (material) that he provided me. I don't think there's a book there. I don't know what they're going to do. I don't think he's got what he claims to have, certainly doesn't have what he claims to have on A-Rod.
"There's no meat on the bones."
Robert Saunooke, Canseco's attorney, told The News that the plans to publish "Vindicated" are still going forward, with or without Yaeger.
"I'm not sweating it if Don passes," Saunooke said. "We had some terms of the contract concerning movie rights that we had to address which pushed the manuscript date back. But we're still moving forward."
During media interviews in New York following the Mitchell Report's release on Dec. 13, Canseco expressed surprise that A-Rod's name had not landed on the report.
"All I can say is the Mitchell Report is incomplete," Canseco said on the Fox Business Network. "I could not believe that (Rodriguez's) name was not in the report." On Fox News Channel, Canseco said, "Alex Rodriguez is not who he appears to be. And we'll just leave it at that."
Yaeger said what he was provided with fell far short of Canseco's boasts. "The thing is, if he had all this material, why wasn't it in the first book?" asked Yaeger.