For the "Arod is Dirty Cause Canseco Says its So" Crowd

Again, I am a Mets fan but, as the old lady said, "where's the beef?"

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...int=1&page=all

Saturday, January 05, 2008
    Jose Canseco's sequel not as 'Juiced'

BY CHRISTIAN RED
    NY DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER
    Saturday, January 5th 2008, 4:00 AM
    Jose Canseco's sequel to his 2005 best-seller "Juiced" has hit its first snag.
    As the Daily News first reported last weekend, former Bash Brother Canseco has finalized a deal to publish "Vindicated" with Penguin Books, with a planned release date to coincide with Opening Day. But former Sports Illustrated associate editor Don Yaeger, who was scheduled to collaborate with Canseco on the book, has passed on the project. Yaeger said Friday that Canseco does not have the goods on Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez that Canseco alluded to in media interviews last month.
    "I'm passing," Yaeger told the Daily News. "I had a chance to review the Jose Canseco (material) that he provided me. I don't think there's a book there. I don't know what they're going to do. I don't think he's got what he claims to have, certainly doesn't have what he claims to have on A-Rod.
    "There's no meat on the bones."
    Robert Saunooke, Canseco's attorney, told The News that the plans to publish "Vindicated" are still going forward, with or without Yaeger.
    "I'm not sweating it if Don passes," Saunooke said. "We had some terms of the contract concerning movie rights that we had to address which pushed the manuscript date back. But we're still moving forward."
    During media interviews in New York following the Mitchell Report's release on Dec. 13, Canseco expressed surprise that A-Rod's name had not landed on the report.
    "All I can say is the Mitchell Report is incomplete," Canseco said on the Fox Business Network. "I could not believe that (Rodriguez's) name was not in the report." On Fox News Channel, Canseco said, "Alex Rodriguez is not who he appears to be. And we'll just leave it at that."
    Yaeger said what he was provided with fell far short of Canseco's boasts. "The thing is, if he had all this material, why wasn't it in the first book?" asked Yaeger.

Re: For the "Arod is Dirty Cause Canseco Says its So" Crowd

I'm anxiously awaiting AROD's lawsuit, which will never be forthcoming cause he's quilty!

I didn't know he likes to quilt too

Quote Originally Posted by byergo View Post
    I'm anxiously awaiting AROD's lawsuit, which will never be forthcoming cause he's quilty!
    Lawsuit? Lawsuit for what? Just because someone makes false statements about you, that means you have to take them to court? Waste of money...waste of time!!

Nice try Canseco!!!

If I were a major celebrity with a net worth of $100 Million (or whatever he has) you can bet your biffy I'd sue someone who intentionally libeled and slandered me in a smear campaign against my good name. Especially in this inflamatory steroid era.

His silence and lack of response speaks volumes to me and millions of other fans around the nation and world.

I get the feeling that if Jeter were named and declined to sue, the reaction would be "Oh, he's too classy to sue." With Rodriguez, it must be because he's guilty.

What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    I get the feeling that if Jeter were named and declined to sue, the reaction would be "Oh, he's too classy to sue." With Rodriguez, it must be because he's guilty.

What a joke.

Nathan, you are the man! And you are correct! Too many Arod haters out there.

Arod has nothing to defend. You have someone, by the way who hasn't given any specifics, accusing arod of something, and you expect him to waste his time to defend himself. Not only that, look at how many of you are judging arod, with no factual information, and jumping on the bandwagon of he's guilty.

Com'n guys, give me a break!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Nathan, you are the man! And you are correct! Too many Arod haters out there.

Arod has nothing to defend. You have someone, by the way who hasn't given any specifics, accusing arod of something, and you expect him to waste his time to defend himself. Not only that, look at how many of you are judging arod, with no factual information, and jumping on the bandwagon of he's guilty.

Com'n guys, give me a break!!

I have to agree with 3arod1 here and im not even a arod fan.

AROD has no reason to sue. Why would he sue??? Because some has-been said some things which he seems to have no proof of. You expect AROD to waste his time and money on someone who has nothing to stand on??? If arod was to pursue a lawsuit that would make him look even more guilty!!!

Think about it, some guy who know one really takes too serious says something about you in public with no hard concrete evidence and your supposed to go after him???? give me a break

Ok guys, "give me a break" is being used too much here...lets get some variety in our comments......

Break me off a piece of that Kit Kat bar