Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: A Word of Caution Re: Hinek Collection Items

Good-Eye: I don't get it. I searched the auction catalogue with the "PDF search" and it didn't find an Elway jersey. Maybe the search function didn't work? If it did and if that's the entire Fleer auction catalogue, shouldn't the Elway jersey(s) be in there?

Rudy.

Banned

Was there a Darryl Strawberry Jersey in the fleer auction?

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24
    Good-Eye: I don't get it. I searched the auction catalogue with the "PDF search" and it didn't find an Elway jersey. Maybe the search function didn't work? If it did and if that's the entire Fleer auction catalogue, shouldn't the Elway jersey(s) be in there?

Rudy.

Rudy,

GOOD QUESTION!

Again, to clarify a couple of points that have now been brought up....

It was never the intent of the original posting in this thread to discredit Bernie personally or call his business practices in general into question. What was stated were the facts of one specific incident for which I was seeking clarification. I had provided Bernie, via e-mail, ample opportunity to provide clarification in this matter in a public and proactive manner. When he chose to not respond, I posted the facts of this issue on this forum, though not to discredit, but hopefully to elicit response. Unfortunately, while Bernie did respond, he did so in a rather defensive manner, never really getting to the issues at hand, which remain still. Nonetheless, I can say that, aside from this singular incident, in my very limited communications with Bernie I have also found him to be knowledgeable and straight-forward.

I am in no way trying to (nor am I suggesting that others should) imply that this is a "where there's smoke there's fire" type of issue. I have my own underlying speculations that I've derived from this set of facts and others may very well develop their own as well. I also strongly feel, however, that any such speculation should remain tucked away in one's own imagination and not bandied in public as if it were pseudo-fact.

In closing, I also wanted to take this opportunity to publicly thank Tom Jacobsen for coming forward, after having been unceremoniously "outed" in Bernie's posting. In respect for my colleagues' privacy, I made it an intentional point in my original posting not to list the names of the other individuals involved, a courtesy that Bernie apparently did not seem to be willing to extend to his customers. As such, once the cat was out of the bag so to speak, the posting of Tom's e-mail this morning did serve two purposes in that it validated that my original posting was not the complete pack of lies that is was made out to be, but more importantly, Bernie did finally make a phone call to Tom after this was posted on the forum. To this I offer a sincere, "Thank You Bernie!" along with a challenge that if you have still not done the same with Steve and David, that you make all haste in doing so.

Regards,
    Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities
    www.EndzoneSportsCharities.org

I think this will be my last post on this forum. There are a few reasons for this decision.

Although there are many good points about this forum, there are many negatives. People are into it to bring others down. People make statements about others that are 100% false. So many people comment on things that they are 100% clueless about. I may not have knowledge in every single football style tagging worn by each team in the history of the game but I'm not going to sit here and comment on a game used Johnny Bench mitt either.

The poor guy (or maybe not so poor now) was ready to dump 30K in vintage game used football jerseys for a few hundred dollars because everyone on the forum told him they were all fake. How bizarre is that?

It is no coincidence why all the insiders, authenticators and big names in the industry don't post on this forum. And the ones that used to, are no longer here. They all say the same exact thing. It's usually the same person(s) posts who have sent this place into a downward spiral with the negativity. I know for a fact that this was not what the initial intention of this forum was for.

I have to come on a forum and explain to Pat Scoggin along with others where my Elway jerseys were sold to. Not whether they are real but how many were there. Fact is they are real and that is the ultimate fact of the matter. It is nobody business what card company we sell to or have sold to in the past. Then he's giving up to the minute posts as to who I called back, who I didn't and who I'm in contact with this week regarding the jersey. You can't make this stuff up. The sad thing is that there are only about 5 or 6 of the same people who post. That just makes it more insane if you actually think about it. For the record I called Pat 2 times yesterday and 3 times today leaving a message. However, I will somehow be accused of "never calling him" soon enough.

I refer to rule # 7 of the forum rules:

No Trolling or Baiting. You will not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this forum. Please do not create meaningless threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute.

I will no longer have to publish my business dealing on a forum which will be nice. It will be much more peaceful in day to day business without having to deal with "bottomfeeders" along with the continual and blatant ignorance of the forums own rules.

I find it very interesting that my response to Bernie's thread was deleted moments after it was submitted. Why? Would one of the moderators answer my question on this post. PLEASE do not send me a private e-mail!

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard
    I find it very interesting that my response to Bernie's thread was deleted moments after it was submitted. Why? Would one of the moderators answer my question on this post. PLEASE do not send me a private e-mail!
    I deleted it becuase it was absolutely unnecessary to take one last shot at Bernie. There was no value to that post other that to do that. The goal from each post on this site should be to help others or provide information. Your one liner did neither of those.

I'm happy to answer any other questions about this here or via email at ecky3@aol.com
    Eric

Eric
    I guess these are the rules that you just made up as you went along. Why do you and Cavalier insist on protecting Sal errr... Bernie? I really enjoyed the old Gameusedforum. How many lawsuits have developed because of language on gameusedforum or gameuseduniverse. I'll take "none" and the points.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard
    Eric
    I guess these are the rules that you just made up as you went along. Why do you and Cavalier insist on protecting Sal errr... Bernie? I really enjoyed the old Gameusedforum. How many lawsuits have developed because of language on gameusedforum or gameuseduniverse. I'll take "none" and the points.
    Believe it or not I get threatened with more lawsuits than ever now. It was about one a week for a while. It's specially frustrating when I am being blamed for comments people are making which are in violation of the rules and have nothing to do with me. It's something that I'm really not happy about, believe it or not.

Also, why justify trying to get one more shot in? You're criticizing me for trying to keep fighting off the site?

Eric

I think the deletion of the "don't let the door..." comment to Bernie had less to do with rules and more to do with human decency and common sense. Regardless of whether Bernie is right or wrong, there's absolutely no value and no point to lowering yourself to that level. This has been an interesting thread...it's pointless to clutter it with such nonsense.

Stop....think....THEN post.
    Rob Steinmetz
    www.authenticgamers.com
    authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!